ELLE Cover Shoot: Kristen Stewart
- Next1 of 21Glo
- Previous Next2 of 21Photo: Tom Munro, Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next3 of 21Photo: Tom Munro, Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next4 of 21Photo: Tom Munro, Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next5 of 21Photo: Tom Munro, Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next6 of 21Photo: Tom Munro, Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next7 of 21Photo: Tom Munro, Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next8 of 21Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 21Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 21Josiah Kamau/BuzzFoto/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 21Dave Hogan/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 21Marc Piasecki/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 21Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next14 of 21Paul Drinkwater/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank
- Previous Next15 of 21Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 21Michael Buckner/Getty Images for Summit Entertainment
- Previous Next17 of 21JAB Promotions/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 21Gregg DeGuire/MTV/FilmMagic
- Previous Next19 of 21Dimitrios Kambouris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next20 of 21Christopher Polk/Getty Images for PCA
- Previous Next21 of 21Ray Tamarra/Getty Images
Intro_v01a1 of 21
Mixed Messages2 of 21
Stewart arrived at Milk Studios in Los Angeles on a crisp morning for a shoot that played up her chic androgynous side. Menswear-inspired Balenciaga pieces mixed with feminine styles from Prabal Gurung and Jason Wu for a boy-girl vibe.
On the gold ring rumored to be from Robert Pattinson circling her index finger: "Everyone wants to know. Everyone knows already—it's ridiculous."
Scripted Life3 of 21
On her first memory of her mother Jules, a Hollywood script supervisor: "I would stay up and wait for her, just run in and wrap myself around her leg. I loved going through her bag. There was such a particular smell. That's a real sensory memory for me. I was always wondering, like, Where were you today? I know that's why I've always been like, Wow! Movies!
Role Model4 of 21
Creative Director Joe Zee set the stage for a shoot inspired by the provocative photographs of Helmut Newton.
On regretting her sheltered upbringing: "You can learn so much from bad things. I can't wait for something crazy to happen to me. Just life. It's one of the reasons I want to act. I love living in different worlds, because a lot of times, mine is pretty nice and easy."
Two-Faced5 of 21
Makeup artist Jillian Dempsey crafted a soft, smoky eye with a variety of powder and cream shadows for Stewart's glamorous looks.
On what it's like to see herself on the screen: "Laurence Olivier was asked, 'Actors, what's the impulse? Why?' And he was just like, 'Look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me.' But at the same time, it's like, 'Nooo, don't look at me. Look at some version that I'm going to present to you. Let me control it.'"
Strong Arm6 of 21
For Stewart's masculine styles, Dempsey gave the actress bold brows and accentuated her cheekbones for a strong look.
ON ELLE: The Most Beautiful People in America
Bedroom Behavior7 of 21
An opulent French hotel bedroom was constructed exclusively for Stewart's cover shoot. The young actress drew inspiration from stylish trailblazer Loulou de La Falaise, who was the fashionable muse to Yves Saint Laurent and fitting for a French boudoir scene.
Borrowed From the Boys8 of 21
Loved for her tomboy ways, Kristen stepped out in a fitted blazer, flared skirt and edgy brogues at a recent movie premiere.
Blue Bell9 of 21
The Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards is the perfect time to get playful. Stewart chose a Stella McCartney body-con lace dress and matching pumps for a spring fling in blue.
Urban Planning10 of 21
Making even the simplest of separates look cool, Stewart rocked a moto jacket, hooded sweatshirt and dark shades for a vintage tough-gal feel when arriving at JFK.
Getting Her Kicks11 of 21
Even though she slipped into her trademark Nikes after the red carpet, Stewart showed a little skin in her Roberto Cavalli lace gown at the Breaking Dawn premiere.
French Toast12 of 21
At the Balenciaga show in Paris, Stewart rocked tight leather pants and a blousy top, adding just the right dose of femme to her signature edgy style.
Going Glam13 of 21
At the Twilight Saga premiere, Stewart turned it out in a cobalt J. Mendel gown with a sexy up-to-there slit.
Short Order14 of 21
If anyone can pull off a short and skimpy dress, then it's Stewart, who sported a sexy black and blue Monique Lhuillier mini as a guest on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.
Give Her a Hand15 of 21
Stewart turned up the heat in a mesh Marios Schwab number while getting immortalized at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
Tee Time16 of 21
Stewart wore a white linen tee over a black bra for classically edgy daytime look while at 2011's Comic-Con.
Wrap Party17 of 21
While she usually opts for black or blue shades, Stewart looked chic as can be in a pale Balmain strapless dress.
Safety Dance18 of 21
The Balmain dress Kristen chose for MTV Music Awards was vintage K. Stew: edgy, rocker and totally cool.
Code Red19 of 21
The Twilight star looked ravishing in a blood-red Proenza Schouler column dress and upped the style ante for the annual Met Gala.
Going for the Gold20 of 21
Stewart likes a little glitz, and she did it very well in a showstopping Reem Acra dress at the People's Choice Awards.
Hat Attack21 of 21
No one can ever accuse Kristen of being uncool. Spotted on the street in vintage-inspired shades and a forest-green beanie, the actress was the picture of urban chic.
NEXT ON GLO: Behind the Scenes on Rihanna's ELLE Cover Shoot
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds