Behind the scenes of the ELLE cover shoot
- Next1 of 18Glo
- Previous Next2 of 18Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 18Glo
- Previous Next4 of 18Glo
- Previous Next5 of 18Glo
- Previous Next6 of 18Neil Mockford/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 18Marc Andrew Deley/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 18Jason Squires/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 18Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 18Leandro DiCapua/BuzzFoto/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 18Lory Ayala/BuzzFoto/FilmMagic
- Previous Next12 of 18Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic
- Previous Next13 of 18SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 18SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 18KMazur/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 18Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next17 of 18Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 18Dave Hogan/Getty Images
INTRO_Britney_Spears_vo21 of 18
Being Britney2 of 18
ELLE Creative Director Joe Zee styled Spears in dramatic designs reminiscent of McQueen and Pucci. Striking statement pieces paired with bold jewelry resulted in a fearless, devil-may-care look.
For the Gold3 of 18
On her relationship with Jason Trawick:
Jason Trawick tells ELLE Britney made the first move in their relationship: “It was kind of one of those things where she moved, like, turned around, so we were face-to-face, and then-” Britney’s response? “Okay, that’s enough information, sweetie. It was sweet, just say that.”
ON ELLE: America’s Most Beautiful People
In One Ear4 of 18
On dealing with paparazzi scrutiny:
“I guess I’ve been under the microscope so long that I don’t even pay attention to the nonsense anymore. I gave up getting upset about things people make up about me a long time ago.”
At Ease5 of 18
On her laid-back style:
“I love my jeans and my sweats- I’m really just a tomboy at heart. So it’s really hard for me to be like Kim Kardashian and be makeup- and hair-ready every time I go out of my house. I’m not a believer in that, you know? On the other hand, when you do wear those sweats, you’re like, Oh God, I should step it up a notch.”
Check, Please6 of 18
While out and about in London, Spears walked to her own style beat in a utilitarian plaid button-down, leggings and moccasins.
Going Platinum7 of 18
In preparation for X Factor, the singer also reportedly requested 34 Herve Leger ensembles before settling on this fire engine red dress for the show's second season of auditions.
White Out8 of 18
At a Kansas City audition, the judge wowed in a feminine fit and flare Azzedine Alaïa dress.
One-Piece Wonder9 of 18
For her own tribute performance at the 28th MTV Video Music Awards, the star selected a black sequined Moschino romper with a chevron print, accented with a low-slung belt.
Shop Girl10 of 18
Spears sported a white spaghetti-strap maxi dress and retro shades during a casual shopping spree at her local Target.
Swim Fan11 of 18
While in Marina del Rey with her son, the performer wore a two-tone blue bikini and piled her hair high for a relaxing day at the pool.
Black Magic12 of 18
For the 2009 Teen Choice Awards, the singer stuck to the tried-and-tested LBD with this asymmetrical Roberto Cavalli minidress.
Think Pink13 of 18
While receiving her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Spears wore baggy denim, a tight pink top and coordinating fur jacket, looking like the bubblegum pop star of her "…Baby One More Time" days.
Jean Queen14 of 18
The teen queen looked like cowboy royalty in layered denim at the 2001 Teen Choice Awards.
Hollywood Darling15 of 18
At the 2000 Grammy Awards, the budding star had a Marilyn moment in an elegant white gown.
Silver Belle16 of 18
Collecting three awards at the 2008 Music Video Awards, Spears veered away from standard black and wowed in a silver-beaded Atelier Versace dress.
Best in Show17 of 18
A polished Spears showed off a lacey number at the 2004 Billboard Music Awards. Dangly diamonds and her mini pooch were the only accessories needed to make a statement.
White Wedding18 of 18
In a cheeky nod to Madonna's "Like a Virgin" video, Spears stunned in a corset dress at the 2003 Video Music Awards.
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- Buy Lupita's Headband for $58
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The 10 Germiest Spots You're Not Cleaning
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds