Taylor Swift's mod Elle photo shoot
- Next1 of 32Glo
- Previous Next2 of 32Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next3 of 32Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next4 of 32Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next5 of 32Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next6 of 32Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next7 of 32Imaxtree/DevonJarvis/Studio D
- Previous Next8 of 32Devon Jarvis/Studio D
- Previous Next9 of 32Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next10 of 32Marc Piasecki/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 32Francois G. Durand/FilmMagic
- Previous Next12 of 32Europa Press via Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 32Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 32Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 32NCP/Star Max/FilmMagic
- Previous Next16 of 32Paul A. Hebert/FilmMagic
- Previous Next17 of 32Barry King/FilmMagic
- Previous Next18 of 32JB Lacroix/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 32Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 32Josiah Kamau/BuzzFoto/FilmMagic
- Previous Next21 of 32Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next22 of 32Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next23 of 32Frazer Harrison/Getty Image
- Previous Next24 of 32Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next25 of 32Charles Eshelman/Getty Images
- Previous Next26 of 32Christopher Polk/VF11/Getty Images
- Previous Next27 of 32Barry King/FilmMagic
- Previous Next28 of 32Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next29 of 32Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next30 of 32Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next31 of 32Christina Radish/Redferns
- Previous Next32 of 32Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
INTRO-Taylor-Swift1 of 32
Growing Pains2 of 32
On her insecurity:
"Middle school was what programmed me to be semi-insecure, like, all of the time. I didn't fit in…. I'd stand on the outside of the circle but I was never really in. That's when I started to realize there's this thing called rejection."
Write On3 of 32
On the speculation surrounding her songs and famous exes:
"To me it's just writing songs the way I always have. It's me sitting on my bed feeling pain I didn't understand, writing a song, and understanding it better. If people want to dissect the lyrics, that's their right, but it's all coming from the exact same place as where I started. It's just something I do to feel better."
Cut to the Chase4 of 32
"I'm sure if I looked up the latest Google Alerts rumor it would say I'm chasing somebody who doesn't like me as much as I like him—people love that angle on me. They're like, 'Oh Taylor, coming on too strong again, chasing boys.' I never chase boys. They don't like it!"
Fair Fight5 of 32
"I don't think I've ever yelled at an ex-boyfriend. Ever. I'm not a yeller. I'm not a fit thrower. If something is done, it's done."
Style Chameleon6 of 32
The singer effortlessly shifted from super-cool to whimsical to daring, wearing best-of-the-season looks from Burberry Prorsum, Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton, and Proenza Schouler.
Star Power7 of 32
One of spring's best and brightest fashion trends: colored metallics in sophisticated silhouettes. ELLE creative director Joe Zee immediately knew that no one could rock the sparkle and shine like Taylor Swift, dressing her in glittery tops and a metallic blue and green bomber jacket.
Full Volume8 of 32
After arriving at the set in New York City dressed casually chic in a Topshop jacket and Chanel oxfords, Swift took on the DJ role, blasting a hip-hop playlist on her iPod and inspiring hairstylist Ken O'Rourke to pump up the volume on the star's fine blond hair with René Furterer's Anti-Dehydrating Volumizing Mousse.
Girl Talk9 of 32
See more from Swift's shoot in the March issue of Elle, on newsstands February 19. In the meantime, click through the slides to check out the singer's most memorable style moments.
Lady in Red10 of 32
While out and about in Paris last month, Swift looked effortlessly elegant in a fire engine red toggle coat and skinny jeans.
Golden Touch11 of 32
Swift was a knockout at the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes in a sparkly Elie Saab nude mini and metallic Jimmy Choo sandals.
City Slicker12 of 32
While hanging with friends in Madrid, the pop star struck a sophisticated chord in a cinched-waist wool coat, ribbed tights and heels.
Plum Choice13 of 32
The blonde beauty beamed in a Donna Karan eggplant taffeta gown with a low-cut back and dramatic train at this year's Golden Globes. A sleek bun and statement earrings added old-school glamour to finish the look.
Breakup Revenge14 of 32
In her first appearance after her split with Harry Styles, Swift stunned in a capped-sleeve ivory Ralph Lauren gown with a plunging neckline at the People's Choice Awards. A playful braided 'do and oversize turquoise earrings kept the look youthful.
Street Chic15 of 32
Even on a chilly winter evening, Swift looked polished to perfection in a brown flared jacket and violet checked scarf.
Party Lines16 of 32
The black-and-white-striped Kate Spade dress the pop star wore to the KIIS Jingle Ball concert was vintage Swift: demure, elegant and modern all at once.
Short Stop17 of 32
Go glam or go home: Swift rocked a Zuhair Murad mini, embellished with intricate beading in an array of gold tones at the 40th American Music Awards.
Shady Lady18 of 32
Swift attempts to go undercover in oversize sunglasses, a black tee, skinny jeans and trendy oxblood velvet loafers.
Sheer Perfection19 of 32
Swift hit all the right notes in this delicately embroidered nude-and-red Jenny Packham gown. Blunt bangs and a ruby red lip finish off her look at the 46th Country Music Awards.
Yellow Fever20 of 32
While the sweet songstress can wear everything from whimsical and romantic to modern and sleek, she looks most natural in her signature retro look: a sunny, vintage yellow dress, matching cardi and scarlet lip.
Tux Luxe21 of 32
Looking fresh and modern at the MTV Music Awards, Swift donned a J. Mendel silk crepe tuxedo with a plunging neck and metallic Tom Ford heels.
Strapped In22 of 32
In a lace-paneled red chiffon Elie Saab gown at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards, Swift was covered up, but still sexy.
White Now23 of 32
The crooner chose another J. Mendel dress for the 47th Country Music Awards—this one with metallic cutouts. A nude lip and smoky eye complemented the sleek style.
Work of Art24 of 32
Swift looked super-glam in a gold capped-sleeve Zuhair Murad gown with elaborate beading and an elegant train for the 54th Grammy Awards.
Country Couture25 of 32
The star sported a Prairie-chic look, sitting front row at Rodarte's Spring 2012 fashion show. She teamed the design duo's demure lacey white dress with side-swept bangs and classic red lip.
Shine On26 of 32
Swift dazzled in a Zuhair Murad strapless mini and chunky curls at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
Emerald Isle27 of 32
A kelly green satin strapless dress and peep-toe heels made up Swift's sweet look at the Los Angeles Easy A premiere.
Seventh Heaven28 of 32
The pop princess looked angelic in this off-the-shoulder ivory beaded and lace gown by Ralph Lauren at the 2010 Met Gala. Pinned-under waves and glowing makeup completed the romantic look.
Black Beauty29 of 32
This sleek black gown by Kaufman Franco was a sexy choice for Swift who, in 2009, was just starting to make some bold choices on the red carpet.
Belle of the Ball30 of 32
Taking home a slew of awards at the 43rd Country Music Awards—including Album of the Year—Swift looked like a fairy-tale princess in this gold sequin and tulle gown by Reem Acra.
Booted Up31 of 32
Back in 2007, the singer rocked big hair and cowboy boots at the American Music Awards.
Curl Power32 of 32
Still a music and red carpet newbie in 2006, Swift made a beginner's fashion misstep when she hit the 40th Country Music Awards in elbow-length gloves and blond ringlet curls.
NEXT ON GLO: All-Weather Boots You Can Wear Anywhere
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer