ELLE February Cover: Katie Holmes
- Next1 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next2 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next3 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next4 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next5 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next6 of 13Carter Smith
- Previous Next7 of 13Splash News
- Previous Next8 of 13Splash News
- Previous Next9 of 13Splash News
- Previous Next10 of 13Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 13Darla Khazei/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next12 of 13Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 13DAVID KRIEGER/ bauergriffinonline.com
- ELLE February Cover: Katie Holmes9 Hottest Celeb Bikini Trends This Winter
- ELLE Names Joan Smalls The New Supermodel
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Celeb Looks For All Your Holiday Parties
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- 7 Best Friends (& Bloggers) With Polar Styles
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- The 20 Best of Street Style Looks of 2013
- 11 Best Shopping Sites You've Never Heard Of
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- The Sexy & Sophisticated Way to Show Some Skin
- 12 Must-Haves From Isabel Marant for H&M
- Jamie Chung's Cute Winter Style Under $200
- The Celeb Winter Trend To Try Now
- The Best Dresses from Miss Universe 2013
American Girl1 of 13
Katie Holmes arrived for her cover shoot in a simple sweater and black cropped pants, but quickly transformed into a smoldering movie star thanks to darker, sexier looks hand-picked for her by the ELLE fashion team.
American Girl2 of 13
This month's cover shoot was inspired by the dark, sexy drama of the 1992 Japanese movie Tokyo Decadence.
American Girl3 of 13
When Holmes's iconic family arrived at the L.A. studio, four-year-old Suri got to work helping her mom dress up in looks from Stella McCartney, Phillip Lim and her own Holmes & Yang label.
American Girl4 of 13
Later in the day, designer Tom Ford, who was shooting in a studio nearby, dropped in to say hello; after he left, Holmes donned a bodycon backless dress from the designer’s new collection.
American Girl5 of 13
Holmes also revealed that she often gets fashion advice from daughter Suri: “She’ll really tell me [what she thinks]. Like today I’m wearing brown suede pants, and she said, ‘I don’t like your pants.’ But then she’ll say, ‘You’ve got to wear these shoes.’ Or, ‘That’s so pretty, Mom. Wear that.’ She’s got a great eye.”
American Girl6 of 13
And on not letting the attention from the paparazzi get to her, the actress had this to say: “I don’t worry so much. It is what it is, and it’s fine. I’ll go somewhere because I need to get something done.”
American Girl7 of 13
The fashionable actress recently stepped out in a cool-yet-casual ensemble of cropped jacket, high-waisted trousers and fringed booties.
American Girl8 of 13
Here, the stylish star dons a '70s-inspired outfit of high-waisted jeans and plaid button down shirt.
American Girl9 of 13
A more dressed-up Katie heads out to present at the 2010 Tony Awards in a glamorous Armani Privé dress.
American Girl10 of 13
The actress chose this striped Celine frock for a movie premiere last summer.
American Girl11 of 13
Katie perfectly balances her eye-catching leopard print coat with nude shoes and a little black dress.
American Girl12 of 13
The star in a chic chevron stripe dress from her Holmes & Yang label, with husband Tom Cruise.
American Girl13 of 13
Fresh faced with a gently tousled 'do, Katie is the epitome of easy, American style.