ELLE: How to wear socks with heels
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Suno/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Bottega Veneta/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Edun/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Vera Wang/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Victoria Beckham/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Michael Kors/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Michael Kors/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana/ImaxTree/Elle
- ELLE: How to wear socks with heelsAdd style edge without looking like a poser
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- Wacky wedding rings you have to see to believe
- Best Style Moments from Miss USA 2013
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- Accessories that will transform your wardrobe
- Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- 11 things you should never wear to a wedding
Fancy Feet1 of 10
Wearing socks with heels is no longer considered tacky—find out how to pull off the look with help from our friends at ELLE.
Well Heeled2 of 10
Classic pumps, ankle- and T-straps feel extra sophisticated when paired with simple trouser socks.
Think Thin3 of 10
Slim nylon socks in black are the safest pick for classic heels.
ON ELLE: 50+ Outrageous Celebrity Shoes
Baby Steps4 of 10
Fold over socks to show a little more leg. Of course, if the look feels too fashion forward for your taste, try easing into the trend by pairing socks and heels with cropped trousers.
Color Correct5 of 10
Bored of black? Try a monochrome look like the one seen here for a fresh, streamlined style.
ON ELLE: How To Wear Wedges in Winter
Knit Pick6 of 10
Slouchy knit socks look relaxed and rugged when worn with boots, thick-heeled loafers or pumps.
Leg Warmers7 of 10
Hiking-inspired boots pair easily with chunky socks.
Haute Heels8 of 10
For Mary Janes and pumps, make sure shoes have a thick heel and other sturdy details like brassy hardware or a durable rubber sole.
Lace Up9 of 10
Embroidered or lace socks are extra-feminine and sweet. Wear all the way to the knee or right at your ankle bone.
Frill Seeker10 of 10
Feeling adventurous? Opt for a pair of frilly ankle socks to take an already stylish shoe to a whole new level.
ON ELLE: Instantly Slimming Winter Styles
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios