ELLE: How to wear socks with heels
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Suno/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Bottega Veneta/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Edun/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Vera Wang/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Victoria Beckham/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Michael Kors/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Michael Kors/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana/ImaxTree/Elle
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana/ImaxTree/Elle
- ELLE: How to wear socks with heels10 budget-friendly bridal gowns
- 10 stylish ways to wear one tunic
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- American Idol fashion hits and misses
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
- 10 '80s trends are cool again
Fancy Feet1 of 10
Wearing socks with heels is no longer considered tacky—find out how to pull off the look with help from our friends at ELLE.
Well Heeled2 of 10
Classic pumps, ankle- and T-straps feel extra sophisticated when paired with simple trouser socks.
Think Thin3 of 10
Slim nylon socks in black are the safest pick for classic heels.
ON ELLE: 50+ Outrageous Celebrity Shoes
Baby Steps4 of 10
Fold over socks to show a little more leg. Of course, if the look feels too fashion forward for your taste, try easing into the trend by pairing socks and heels with cropped trousers.
Color Correct5 of 10
Bored of black? Try a monochrome look like the one seen here for a fresh, streamlined style.
ON ELLE: How To Wear Wedges in Winter
Knit Pick6 of 10
Slouchy knit socks look relaxed and rugged when worn with boots, thick-heeled loafers or pumps.
Leg Warmers7 of 10
Hiking-inspired boots pair easily with chunky socks.
Haute Heels8 of 10
For Mary Janes and pumps, make sure shoes have a thick heel and other sturdy details like brassy hardware or a durable rubber sole.
Lace Up9 of 10
Embroidered or lace socks are extra-feminine and sweet. Wear all the way to the knee or right at your ankle bone.
Frill Seeker10 of 10
Feeling adventurous? Opt for a pair of frilly ankle socks to take an already stylish shoe to a whole new level.
ON ELLE: Instantly Slimming Winter Styles