- Next1 of 7Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 7Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 7Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 7Courtesy of J Brand
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 7Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 7Courtesy of Charm and Chain
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 7Courtesy of DKNY
- Fast Fashion25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
fast_fashion_v04_nologo-11 of 7style fashion
Tip 1: Identify Your Style2 of 7
Dress for your lifestyle — not someone else’s. Knowing what looks good on you and what doesn’t will save you time when dressing and shopping. Get expert advice from a personal shopper (they're often complimentary).
SHOP NOW: Aldo Shoe, $60
Tip 2: Build A Foundation3 of 7
You’ll get out the door in no time, if you build on these basics that every woman should have in her closet: a little black dress, pencil skirt, white blouse, dark suit jacket and matching trousers.
SHOP NOW: French Connection Dress, $138
Tip 3: By The Numbers4 of 7
Fashion fundamentals don't end with an L.B.D. But how many of each piece do you really need? Start with 2 pairs of jeans (for heels and flats), 2 fun dresses for every season, and 2 tops for each skirt or pant.
SHOP NOW: J Brand Jeans, $174
Tip 4: Embrace Tees5 of 7
And you can never have enough good t-shirts to dress up and down, wear alone or layer on. Find a style you like, stick with it and buy multiples in various colors and shapes (one for every day of the week).
SHOP NOW: Old Navy T-Shirt, $8
Tip 5: Invest in Classics6 of 7
What’s worth splurging on? Pieces that will last forever and are always in style, like timeless coats, collectible cashmere sweaters, tall leather boots and jewelry you can wear every day.
SHOP NOW: Rachel Leigh Earrings, $75
Tip 6: Streamline Your Shopping7 of 7
We know it’s more fun with a girlfriend, but shopping alone will save you time. Also, try visiting the stores at off-peak hours, when the racks are stocked and the aisles are empty.
SHOP NOW: DKNY Bag, $345