Flattering swimwear for every body type
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous Next2 of 17Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next3 of 17Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next4 of 17Courtesy of L*Space
- Previous Next5 of 17Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next6 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next7 of 17Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next8 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next9 of 17Courtesy of Vineyard Vines
- Previous Next10 of 17Courtesy of Victoria's Secret
- Previous Next11 of 17Courtesy of Bare Necessities
- Previous Next12 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next13 of 17Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next14 of 17Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous Next15 of 17Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next16 of 17Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next17 of 17Courtesy of Old Navy
- Flattering swimwear for every body typeTips to be the hostess with the mostess
- A history of the bikini
- Must-have sneakers for spring
- Celeb and model lingerie lines revealed
- American Idol fashion hits and misses
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- Lingerie and shapewear that flatters your figure
- SI Swimsuit Issue's most memorable moments
- Evolution of Maternity Wear
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
Intro_v01b1 of 17
Minimize Hips2 of 17
Try a retro bikini with black side panels along the hips for a slimming effect. A top with lift and a wide band balance the look.
SHOP NOW: Topshop bikini, $64
Minimize Hips3 of 17
Get playful with a wild python print that will play second skin to your own. A plunging halter neckline elongates the body and keeps attention on your upper half.
SHOP NOW: Karla Colletto halter, $240
Minimize Hips4 of 17
Draw eyes to your upper half with a fringed top in a bright hue. A neutral tone downplays bottoms, while adjustable side ties let you tweak the fit.
Middle Management5 of 17
Nothing's more forgiving than a blouson one-piece, while an asymmetrical shoulder elongates.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew Jersey Lomellina asymmetrical blouson one-piece, $118
Middle Management6 of 17
Get creative with a playful, printed two-piece that includes a high-waisted bottom.
SHOP NOW: Mara Hoffman bikini, $108
Bust Booster7 of 17
A molded demi-cup adds oomph, while mix-and-match prints let you call attention where you want it.
Bust Booster8 of 17
Add visual interest to a smaller upper half with an asymmetrical top that has geometric appeal.
Need a Lift?9 of 17
A halter-style fit with center ruching provides support you can control.
SHOP NOW: Vineyard Vines starfish one-piece, $115
Need a Lift?10 of 17
Stay supported with a full-coverage halter top made of a curve-hugging, sturdy Lycra and nylon combo.
Need a Lift?11 of 17
Beloved shapewear makes a mark on swim attire with this one-shoulder suit that uses Spanx technology to keep you secure.
SHOP NOW: Spanx one shoulder one-piece, $178
Create Shape12 of 17
Chevron prints and side cutouts make curves on a straighter, up-and-down torso.
SHOP NOW: 6 Shore Road sculpted maillot swimsuit, $138
Create shape13 of 17
Ruffles give the illusion of curves at the shoulders and hips for a more hourglass figure.
Rear View14 of 17
Low-rise boy-cut shorts give your backside a lifted look.
Rear View15 of 17
Get a sculpted-looking backside by way of a sexy rubberized bikini with an athletic, tough-gal appeal.
SHOP NOW: Lisa Marie Fernandez rubberized bikini, $280
Petite Section16 of 17
Build up a smaller frame with a fiesta of soft jersey ruffles. A removable halter strap and built-in shelf bra make the fit worry-free.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew Lomellina ruffled one piece, $118
Petite Section17 of 17
Avoid overwhelming a petite build by opting for a string bikini with detailing up top.