Flatforms: The world's comfiest new shoe
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Asos/Anthropologie
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Nasty Gal
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Asos
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next8 of 11Piperlime
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next11 of 11Anthropologie
Flat-Out Fabulous1 of 11
By Nicole Mann Novick
Many of us have a love-hate relationship with our heels: We love standing taller, but teetering on our toes can be a real pain. Enter the flatform, a flat crossed with a level platform sole. From sexy sandals to sophisticated slingbacks, here are 10 great pairs that offer comfort and a couple extra inches.
Center Stage2 of 11
These dainty ballet flats get an unexpected boost with thick rubber soles, while the neutral tones maintain a sophisticated appeal.
SHOP NOW: Aldo Shoes, $80
Shoe In3 of 11
While warmer days are surely ahead, there's still plenty of time for cool-weather clothes and these treaded boots were made for walking. Try them with flared jeans, which are making a comeback for spring.
SHOP NOW: Unif, $175
Red Haute4 of 11
For a long night out on the town, exchange sky-high stilettos for posh flatforms that still stand out.
SHOP NOW: Asos, $42
Sole Sister5 of 11
Even the classics are kicking it up a notch: Pair these elevated All-Stars with beat-up boyfriend jeans and a plain white tee for maximum weekend comfort.
SHOP NOW: Converse, $65
Heavy Metal6 of 11
Try this edgy metallic flatform with sleek cigarette pants or a short skirt.
SHOP NOW: Jeffrey Campbell, $140
Fancy Feet7 of 11
Chic suede sling backs are perfect alternatives to painful pumps when hitting spring's wedding circuit. Bonus: This pair is neutral enough to dress up cool cutoffs come summer.
SHOP NOW: Madison Harding, $220
Your Highness8 of 11
Espadrilles are classic wardrobe staples, adding polish to anything from a party dress to rolled up denim,
SHOP NOW: Rachel Zoe, $255
Modern Woman9 of 11
Pair this Mock Croc version with a tunic or wide-legged pants.
SHOP NOW: Shakuhachi, $260
Rock the Boat10 of 11
Already synonymous with lazy summer days, preppy boat shoes are now the height of relaxation.
SHOP NOW: Topshop, $52
Hippie Chic11 of 11
Retro cork platforms are so comfy and cool they never go out of style. We'd pair these with rolled up trousers or skinny jeans to keep things modern.
SHOP NOW: Pilcro wedges, $148
NEXT ON GLO: Secrets To Finding Crazy-Good Deals On Clothes
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer