Grammy Trend Alert: Embellishments
- Next1 of 11Taylor Swift: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next2 of 11Paris Hilton: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Julianne Hough: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11Katy Perry: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 11Adele: Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 11Nicki Minaj: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11Miranda Lambert: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Kelly Osbourne: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Carrie Underwood: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Kelly Rowland: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 11Taylor Swift: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Grammy Trend Alert: EmbellishmentsGo punk without looking like a poser
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- Wacky wedding rings you have to see to believe
- Best Style Moments from Miss USA 2013
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- Accessories that will transform your wardrobe
- Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- 11 things you should never wear to a wedding
In the Details1 of 11
By Amy Elisa Keith
Sparkle, glitter, shimmer, oh my! From Taylor Swift's glimmering gold gown to Adele's delicate black-on-black beading, the 2012 Grammy Awards red carpet was an ode to embellishments. Here are our favorite stars in the twinkling trend.
Ivory Tower2 of 11
Hollywood on-the-scene girl Paris Hilton stepped out in a body-conscious Basil Soda gown with intricate gold beading and embroidery. Keeping her hair and makeup simple, the long and lean star pulled off this look flawlessly.
ON GLO: White Hot Red Carpet Looks
Simply Stunning3 of 11
Wearing an edgy strapless gown that her beau, Ryan Seacrest, picked out for her, Dancing With the Stars' Julianne Hough looked effortless in this Kaufman Franco dress thanks to her beachy blonde waves.
Feeling Blue4 of 11
Singer Katy Perry accessorized her blue pompadour hair with a flowing sky blue Elie Saab Couture gown covered in appliqué sequins for an eye-catching shimmer.
Black Beauty5 of 11
The night's biggest winner, Adele opted for subtle glamour in a shimmering Giorgio Armani gown.
Red Riding Hood6 of 11
Nicki Minaj immediately turned heads (yet again) in her custom Versace hooded gown. The red costume was trimmed in black beading and featured the Versace logo on the front.
Sheer Genius7 of 11
Country star Miranda Lambert sparkled in a cap-sleeved Atelier Pavoni gown. Intricate silver beading added contrast to the nude number.
Grey Matter8 of 11
Singer and fashion expert Kelly Osbourne channeled old Hollywood glamour with a touch of rock star edge in a gray, sequined gown by Tony Ward.
Shine On9 of 11
Carrie Underwood looked stunning on the red carpet in a long-sleeved backless Gómez García gown featuring intricately embroidered sequins on tulle. Though she lost out to Taylor Swift for Best Country Solo Performance, she won big with this glamorous look.
Top Star10 of 11
Grammy nominee Kelly Rowland stepped out in a creamy Alberta Ferretti number with silver appliqué on the bodice. Accessorized with Lorraine Schwartz jewels, Rowland's gathered skirt made for an effortless and sexy train.
ON GLO: Trendsetting Stars of 2012
Midas Touch11 of 11
Taylor Swift reigned supreme in sequins with this silk Zuhair Murad mermaid gown and gold Neil Lane jewels. The sheer, form-fitting gown featured detailed beading and an elegant train.
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios