Refresh Your Wardrobe To Land That Job!
- Next1 of 15Courtesy of 20th Century Fox / Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 15Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next3 of 15Courtesy of Cole Haan
- Previous Next4 of 15Courtesy of White House Black Market
- Previous Next5 of 15Courtesy of Coach
- Previous Next6 of 15Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next7 of 15Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next8 of 15Courtesy of Kate Spade
- Previous Next9 of 15Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next10 of 15Courtesy of Kohl's
- Previous Next11 of 15Courtesy of Kohl's
- Previous Next12 of 15Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous Next13 of 15Courtesy of Kohl's
- Previous Next14 of 15Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next15 of 15Courtesy of Talbot's
- Refresh Your Wardrobe To Land That Job!25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
Work It, Girl!1 of 15
By Laurie Trott
They say "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have." Whether you're eyeing that corner office or just looking to update your work staples, we've rounded up the best dresses, bags and shoes to help you navigate the workplace.
Think Outside of The Box2 of 15
Going for a job in a creative field? Look for something that's an offbeat-but-not-off-track version of a classic item such as a shirtdress.
SHOP NOW: Boy by Band Of Outsiders dress, $498
Carry On3 of 15
Chances are you're wearing neutrals to the interview. Add some color by updating the tote you carry your resume in.
SHOP NOW: Maria Sharapova for Cole Haan tote, $398
Frill Seeker4 of 15
A fluttery shell top, worn under a tailored jacket, is a clever way of appearing approachable without coming off as promiscuous.
SHOP NOW: White House Black Market top, $68
Find The Right Fit5 of 15
A fitted boucle jacket is a stylish alternative to the classically tailored black blazer.
SHOP NOW: Coach jacket, $428
Case Closed6 of 15
If you have to bring your laptop to a meeting, make sure that not only the presentation it contains but the way you present it is polished as well.
SHOP NOW: ASOS laptop case, $35.86
Tied & True7 of 15
Scarves are a great way to accessorize without being flashy. Go for a light silk fabric in a subtle print.
SHOP NOW: Topshop scarf, $50
Don't Be A Heel8 of 15
To toe or not to toe, that is the question! For more conservative jobs, play it safe with a closed-toe shoe and a moderate-height heel.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade shoe, $298
Hand It Over9 of 15
Jewelry should be minimal and tasteful. Save the statement necklaces for that "I got the job!" celebration.
SHOP NOW: Topshop cuff, $28
Under Cover10 of 15
Unseasonably cool weather the day of the final interview? Top off a long-sleeve blouse and pencil skirt with a lightweight jacket that's easy to remove.
SHOP NOW: Simply Vera Vera Wang jacket, $53.99
Prints Charming11 of 15
When accessorizing prints, find the darkest color in the pattern and keep your bag, shoes and belts in this hue. This will pull the outfit together.
SHOP NOW: Simply Vera Vera Wang dress, $46.99
Speak For Yourself12 of 15
Adding print to a jacket-and-skirt ensemble is a great way to show some personality. Keep in mind the fabric should be opaque and the pattern somewhat neutral.
SHOP NOW: French Connection blouse, $88
Mellow Yellow13 of 15
Yellow is rumored to have a cheerful effect on the people around you. Show your bright side by layering in a cardigan in this shade.
SHOP NOW: ELLE Collection for Kohl's cardigan, $50
Take A Memo14 of 15
Tuck a pastel-hued button-down blouse into a fitted pencil skirt.
SHOP NOW: by Malene Birger skirt, $275
Pull It Together15 of 15
A belt that sits high on the waist is a great way to tie together an outfit of separates.
SHOP NOW: Talbot's belt, $59
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds