How to layer without looking bulky
- Next1 of 10Gwyneth Paltrow: GVK/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next2 of 10Jessica Alba: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next3 of 10Camila Alves: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next4 of 10Elizabeth Olsen: Ralph/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next5 of 10Katie Holmes: Humberto Carreno/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next6 of 10Kim Kardashian: WSB/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next7 of 10Debra Messing: Theo Wargo/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 10Nicole Richie: Michael Tran/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 10Sofia Vergara: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10Daisy Lowe: Neil Mockford/FilmMagic
- How to layer without looking bulkyThe Most Elaborate Holiday Windows Displays
- 18 Years of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- 10 Hottest Celeb Bikini Trends This Winter
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- The 20 Best of Street Style Looks of 2013
- 11 Best Shopping Sites You've Never Heard Of
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- The Sexy & Sophisticated Way to Show Some Skin
- ELLE Names Joan Smalls The New Supermodel
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Celeb Looks For All Your Holiday Parties
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- 12 Must-Haves From Isabel Marant for H&M
- 7 Best Friends (& Bloggers) With Polar Styles
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
Piece by Piece1 of 10
By Lilah Nicolaidis
With the first day of fall just weeks away, it's time to start thinking about your autumn wardrobe. Here are ten tips on how to stylishly layer without bulking up.
Gwyneth Paltrow layers for a flight, pairing a wisp of a tee with a lightweight jacket and crisp white denim, guaranteeing comfortable, stylish travel.
It's a Tie2 of 10
Tame a sexy sundress (and the air–conditioner chills) with a light button-down shirt. Jessica Alba ties hers around the waist, showing off her enviable post-baby body.
Skin Is In3 of 10
A leather jacket is a must-have for fall. Camilla Alves flaunts her baby bump in a cropped silhouette without losing style points. But don't worry, this style would look equally cool paired with a more forgiving dress.
Wrap Around4 of 10
If it's still too hot for a sweater, try an oversize scarf or wrap like Elizabeth Olsen's. It's useful as both a light cover-up and as a warming accessory when temperatures drop.
Business Attire5 of 10
Katie Holmes' fashion line debuts in New York this September. We wonder if this tailored blazer and sheath dress come from her collection.
Top to Bottom6 of 10
Even though it's hot, hot, hot in Honolulu, Kim Kardashian keeps cool in a flowy silk top that could easily transition into fall. A monochromatic look is slimming, even in summery cream.
Add Ons7 of 10
As seen on Debra Messing, slenderizing black trousers and a blazer that falls mid-hip helps elongate legs. And a little shimmer ensures this look is nighttime-appropriate.
All A-Long8 of 10
Style maven Nicole Richie knows that nighttime doesn't always call for a jacket or sweater. Try a thin long-sleeve top with a full skirt for an elegant, elongating outfit.
Sheer Genius9 of 10
Sheer tights add an element of sophistication. Sofia Vergara goes with sheer black—stylish, slimming and warmer than stepping out with nude gams.
Skirt the Issue10 of 10
Model Daisy Lowe chooses the season's hottest shape—the midi skirt—to keep her legs warm while elongating her shape.