Styling tips to hide trouble spots
- Next1 of 11Reese Witherspoon: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images for LACMA
- Previous Next2 of 11Freida Pinto: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Emma Stone: Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 11Taylor Swift: Alo Ceballos/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 11Nicky Hilton: JB Lacroix/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 11Rooney Mara: Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 11Sofia Vergara: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 11Beyonce Knowles: Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 11Viola Davis: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Reese Witherspoon: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images for LACMA
- Previous Next11 of 11Jennifer Lopez: Christopher Peterson/BuzzFoto
Show Off1 of 11
By Nicole Mann Novick
Those extra 9 or 10 pounds that may have settled in during the holidays (or were there all along) are usually the toughest to get rid of. But instead of waiting until you hit your dream weight to get your dream wardrobe, Glo has 10 figure-flattering styling tricks to help you embrace your shape.
Jewel Tone2 of 11
Trick the eye away from the waist and bring focus upward with a jewelry-adorned dress whose dynamic and embellished neckline draws the eye up to focus on a bright smile.
Shoe Shine3 of 11
Play with accessories and focus on your feet with nude platform heels that add height and elongate a silhouette in feminine, bow-accented style.
Defining Moment4 of 11
Belting an A-line retro-cut dress offers a clearly defined waistline and movement away from hips—flattering for every body type.
Casual Cool5 of 11
Recuperate in comfy clothes by keeping jeans slim and trim while layering on a structured boxy jacket that flares away from the waist. A strategically placed-at-the-hip bag will cover the middle region.
Big Reveal6 of 11
Strategically placed cutouts on this long-sleeved, floor-length gown bare one's confident zones, leaving potential problem areas to the imagination.
Sheer Beauty7 of 11
Sheer black stockings are transparent enough to be sexy but still offer a slimming effect to both hips and legs.
Tummy Time8 of 11
If you happen to be eating for two this season, then metallic accents on a form-fitting maxi-dress highlight a beautiful baby bump.
Pretty Empire9 of 11
A classic empire-waist dress flaunts hard-won shoulders and gives the waistline definition while flowing away from any lower-body problem areas.
Cold Shoulder10 of 11
Draw the eye upward with an asymmetric neckline that reveals toned shoulders and a sexy décolletage.
Sweater Set11 of 11
Hibernate in an oversized sweater coat, but add drama to your look with sleek accessories, like knee-high boots and statement shades.
NEXT ON GLO: Show Off What You've Got
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds