Joe A to Zee: Halloween
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next3 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next4 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next5 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next6 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next7 of 13The Pirate Wench Update
- Previous Next8 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next9 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next10 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next11 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next12 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Previous Next13 of 13Photo: Hao Zeng; Styled by Joe Zee
- Joe A to Zee: Halloween25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
Intro_JoeZee1 of 13
The Cleopatra2 of 13
October 31: Glamour-puss Liz Taylor embodied her, and rumor has it Angelina will be next. In fact, I don’t think there’s a woman out there who doesn’t fantasize about being the Queen of the Nile—the jewels! Mark Antony!—for one night, at least.
The Cleopatra Update3 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: This is an easy fix. I took my inspiration from Michael Kors, whose runway always hints at the decadence of the ’70s. After all, didn’t Studio 54 offer the same debauchery as the wild Egyptian times? (They shared a taste for outré eyeliner, at least.) I love the shine of gold lamé for day and the pleated fullness of the skirt; cutting it to knee length and pairing it with a sumptuous multi-ply cashmere sweater is the perfect example of modern chic.
FROM ELLE: Glamorous Makeup for Halloween
The Carmen Miranda4 of 13
October 31: Is there anything more campy than wearing plastic fruit on your head? Tonight, shake your maracas as Carmen (or Charo), then use every other day to channel her fun sexiness.
FROM ELLE: Kooky Runway-Inspired Costumes
The Carmen Miranda Update5 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: I went for cruise chic—the colorful, frilly bra top peeking out from under a boyfriend button-down, worn with a long skirt. Does anyone actually lounge by a pool in full regalia, you’re wondering? My answer is, if you dress for it, you never know what could happen. At the very least, you’re set for next summer’s beach party/clambake/heat wave.
FROM ELLE: The Best Haircut For Your Face Shape
The Pirate Wench6 of 13
October 31: You can thank the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise for this year’s most ubiquitous getup. As Penélope and Keira have demonstrated, swashbuckling women are fierce, yet sexy and camera ready.
FROM ELLE: 25 Things Every Woman Should Know
The Pirate Wench Update7 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: The other 364 days a year, I’m not a big fan of the peasant top—it’s just sloppy. And boho chic is so done. But when it’s worn with tailoring and jeans à la Chanel, it becomes something else altogether: the perfect daytime uniform.
FROM ELLE: How Well Will You Age?
Krueger8 of 13
October 31: Forgoing the typical “sexy” characters? Bravo. This menswear-inspired Elm Street look is shockingly on trend.
Krueger Update9 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: This time, I was inspired by the cool street chic of Parisian designer Isabel Marant. Which selfrespecting French girl—or wannabe—doesn’t adore a standby striped top? In this case, I neutralized the shirt’s masculinity by slimming down the body and slashing off the sleeves to create a summer tank—all easily accomplished with the help of a seamstress at the local dry cleaner.
The Sock Hopper10 of 13
October 31: Bad Sandy is a no-brainer on the one day of the year when everyone’s unleashing their inner vixen. But while Good Sandy may not be the most popular option—choosing to be dowdy is a tough sell—it’s available at any thrift shop and infinitely easier than squeezing into a black spandex catsuit.
The Sock Hopper Update11 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: It may have been de rigeur for every priss 50 years ago, but the poodle skirt/sweater set look screams librarian. Take a cue from Gossip Girl: Shrink the skirt, then add a modern knit and a skinny belt.
The Witch12 of 13
October 31: These days, the witch looks like someone who might be more suited to dancing onstage (ahem) than taunting Snow White with an apple. This witch may not have warts, but at least she’s still equipped with the broomstick and pointy hat.
The Witch Update13 of 13
How I’d Style It for Everyday: After I ditched the theatrical add-ons, this was an easy fix: I incorporated the black bustier as a peek-a-boo layering piece under the always sexy LBD. But if your witch is a little more classic, use your imagination: hem the dress short and cinch it with an eye-catching belt. At least it’s already black.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds