Inside Lady Gaga's Elle Cover
- Next1 of 23Glo
- Previous Next2 of 23Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 23Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 23Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 23Neil Mockford/FilmMagic
- Previous Next6 of 23Kevin Mazur/WireImage for MTV
- Previous Next7 of 23James Devaney/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 23Raymond Hall/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 23All Access Photo / Splash News
- Previous Next10 of 23Pier Marco Tacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 23Splash News
- Previous Next12 of 23Splash News
- Previous Next13 of 23ChinaFotoPress/ChinaFotoPress via Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 23FRANCK ROBICHON/epa/Corbis
- Previous Next15 of 23Mark Cuthbert/UK Press via Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 23James Devaney/FilmMagic
- Previous Next17 of 23Ray Tamarra/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 23Jamie McCarthy/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 23Marc Piasecki/FilmMagic
- Previous Next20 of 23WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 23Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 23Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next23 of 23Anita Bugge/WireImage
- Inside Lady Gaga's Elle Cover35 Updated Ways To Wear Floral Prints
- Shop Like a Fashion Editor This Fall
- 31 Gold Jewelry Pieces to Wear All Year
- The best hair in America 2013
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- The 20 Best of Street Style Looks of 2013
- 11 Best Shopping Sites You've Never Heard Of
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- The Sexy & Sophisticated Way to Show Some Skin
- How to pick killer shadow for your eyes
- Dare to Wear: Classy Ways to Rock a Crop Top
- 8 Signs You're Stuck in a Fashion Rut
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Celeb Looks For All Your Holiday Parties
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- 12 Must-Haves From Isabel Marant for H&M
- 7 Best Friends (& Bloggers) With Polar Styles
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
INTRO-Elle-Lady-Gaga-2.jpg1 of 23
Face Time2 of 23
"It was elegant, intimate," said photographer Ruth Hogben. "Gaga has incredible features that you could stare at all day long." As for the styling, ELLE Creative Director Joe Zee said, "We played up her natural radiance with bold furs from Chanel and Versace."
Work of Art3 of 23
"It was also huge for us to get a sneak preview of Artpop, her new album," said set designer Maria Weinhoff. "Gaga elevates everyone around her—she's a true artist."
New Leaf4 of 23
Wigging Out5 of 23
The star teamed cascading Venus-inspired hair (laced with pom-poms and streamers, no less) with a demure Vivienne Westwood skirt suit in London this past August.
Black Beauty6 of 23
Known for her ever-changing hair color, Gaga matched raven tresses to her custom leather Prabul Gurung gown at this year's MTV Video Music Awards.
Power Player7 of 23
Gaga selected a sophisticated '80s-inspired Balmain sweater and high-waisted trousers for an interview with Howard Stern.
ON ELLE: Famous Cross-Dressing Celebs
Purple Reign8 of 23
The singer chose the same famed French fashion house while out and about in New York—this time in the form of a plunging top and tulip skirt.
Crackle 'n' Pop9 of 23
In a white crackled sweater from Alexander Wang's first collection for Balenciaga, Gaga proved that she's one step ahead of the fashion curve while out in L.A.
Band Aid10 of 23
The singer attended a private dinner at Palazzo Versace in Milan last fall, wearing a vintage cutout dress designed by the late Gianni Versace.
Fur Sure11 of 23
While touring in Bulgaria, the star covered up in a Hermès fur-trimmed coat and accessorized with peace sign earrings and a Louis Vuitton clutch.
Flower Power12 of 23
Is that a floral topiary? Nope, just Gaga's unique headpiece, a Phillip Treacy creation she wore sitting front row at the designer's fashion presentation in London last year.
Lime Light13 of 23
Never one to shy away from color, the singer sported a neon cutout dress with clashing burnt orange hair while touring in Taiwan.
Bow Down14 of 23
Last December, the singer landed at the Tokyo Airport flaunting a Hello Kitty–inspired hairdo: platinum tresses in the shape of an oversize bow.
Shine On15 of 23
The pop icon looked utterly futuristic at the MTV Europe Music Awards, where she complemented her sci-fi chain-mail dress with tinsel makeup.
High Horse16 of 23
In red skyscraper shoes, Gaga somehow managed to avoid toppling as she negotiated the cobblestone streets of New York's Meatpacking District.
Clear Intentions17 of 23
Wearing a cellophane dress and lace mask, the singer shocked New Yorkers in a getup that was anything but typical for a hot July day. Hopefully, her fan helped her cool down!
Bob Cat18 of 23
At the 2011 CFDA Awards, Gaga made a splash in a custom Thierry Mugler gown and aquamarine bob—perhaps a colorful ode to the event's chief, Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
Royal Treatment19 of 23
Photographed in Paris, the star looked positively regal in a Jan Taminiau couture gown and beehive hairdo.
Making Headway20 of 23
At the 2010 MTV Music Video Awards, the pop star made fashion headlines in a flamboyant Alexander McQueen dress, gold headdress and silky pastel hair.
Pearl Harbor21 of 23
The singer studded her face with pearls (and wore a matching bikini) for an amFAR event, which she co-hosted with cosmetics brand MAC.
Circle Time22 of 23
For the 2010 Grammy Awards, the songstress got people talking by pairing a Giorgio Armani gown with platform shoes and dyed yellow hair.
Future Perfect23 of 23
At New York Fashion Week back in 2008, Lady Gaga was just beginning to flex her style muscles in a space-age dress and stick-straight flaxen hair.
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- Office Supplies' New Look
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway