Lighten Up Your Style
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 11Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 11Courtesy of La Garçonne
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 11Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 11Courtesy of Piperlime
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 11Courtesy of Calypso
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 11Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 11Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 11Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 11Courtesy of La Garçonne
- Lighten Up Your Style25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
STYLE_Intro_Lighten Up Style_v011 of 11
Lightweight Scarf2 of 11
By Nicole Mann Novick
Whether you are heading out for al fresco drinks on a cool summer evening or facing the first brisk air of the season ahead, a lightweight scarf is an essential accessory. A standout pattern works well with staples, like a plain white tee or a denim jacket.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy Scarf, $13
Cardigan3 of 11
Part sweatshirt, part pretty cardigan, this jersey piece will keep you cozy for months to come. The draping dresses up this casual piece, while the soft cotton fabric keeps it comfortable.
SHOP NOW: T by Alexander Wang Jersey Cardigan, $160
Cropped Jeans4 of 11
With winter approaching, the window for cropped jeans will quickly close. For now we’re dressing them up with glam sandals, while looking forward to pairing them with brogues and a boyfriend sweater as the weather cools.
SHOP NOW: MiH Jeans London, $249
Clogs5 of 11
Whether paired with shorts or a flirty fall dress, a pair of bohemian-chic clogs go with just about anything. And since the style will be back with a vengeance this season, we suggest you get in on the trend early.
SHOP NOW: Franco Sarto Clogs, $109
Utilitarian Chic Jacket6 of 11
A uniform-inspired jacket looks cool when the weather is warm, but the army green hue offers an easy transition into autumn. Vintage embellishments make this piece an instant classic and you'll get mileage from this style for years to come.
SHOP NOW: Laurence Heller Jacket, $165
Statement Jewelry7 of 11
Temperature will never be a factor when it comes to a piece of statement jewelry. Add a new, dynamic piece to your jewelry box each season to put a spin on everything from sundresses to sweaters.
SHOP NOW: Swarovski Crystal Bracelet, $135
Sunglasses8 of 11
You gotta wear shades as long as the sun is still shining. A rich reddish hue takes the fun of summer into fall.
SHOP NOW: MICHAEL Michael Kors Sunglasses, $90
ON WONDERWALL: Top 5 Celeb Sunglasses
Sequins9 of 11
This metallic brown shade is perfect for fall, but pair this piece with a white tank top and sandals to wear it now.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew Skirt, $275
Denim Shirt10 of 11
The denim shirt trend is still hot and new styles, like pullovers and boyfriend cuts, are being introduced for the coming season. Pre-Labor Day, we’re wearing ours with white jeans and statement jewels for a preppy-chic look.
SHOP NOW: Steven Alan Pullover, $158
Clutch Wallet11 of 11
A rich, brown leather bag perfectly transitions from late summer to fall. We think this long wallet can serve double duty as a chic evening clutch.
SHOP NOW: Chloé Clutch Wallet, $235