Best Looks Of The Week
- Next1 of 30Glo
- Previous Next2 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next21 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next23 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next24 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next25 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next26 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next27 of 30Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next28 of 30Getty Images
- Previous Next29 of 30Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next30 of 30Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Best Looks Of The WeekCool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- 10 budget-friendly bridal gowns
- 10 stylish ways to wear one tunic
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests
- American Idol fashion hits and misses
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
style_Intro Card_5.5 belles_of_the_ball_v021 of 30style intro card 5.5 belles of the ball
The Met Ball2 of 30
By Lilah Nicolaidis & Abby Gardner
Pretty as a princess, Anne Hathaway's sparkling Valentino gown is the perfect match for her creamy complexion and dark hair.
Brooke Shields3 of 30
In this column dress, Brooke Shields looks like she's been dipped in gold — not surprising since she was dressed by famously sun-kissed designer Michael Kors.
Emma Watson4 of 30
Emma Watson looks cool, calm and collected in this ruffled white one-shoulder Burberry gown that's perfectly tailored to her shape — and her youthful age.
Tom & Gisele5 of 30
Oh, Gisele. We're swooning over the supermodel's Alexander Wang fringed leather minidress. And by the looks of it, Mr. Bundchen (ahem Brady) feels the same way. He's only human after all.
Claire Danes6 of 30
Claire Danes' silver Burberry gown has a sophisticated brocade pattern and a boned corset top — not that her tiny waist needs it — to show off her perfectly toned arms.
Gwen Stefani7 of 30
Gwen Stefani looks lovely in her own elegant L.A.M.B design. We love the wrapped bodice with its delicate sheer layers and just a hint of black underneath. And, of course, she tops it off with her classic pompadour and signature red lip.
Jennifer Lopez8 of 30
La Lopez continues her quest to be the sparkliest girl on the block, but we have to admit we do love her layered Zuhair Murad tulle gown, with its maze of embroidered crystals. Also, we wouldn't mind perfecting her patented red carpet stare.
Kristen Bell9 of 30
Kristen Bell's sophisticated gray Diane von Furstenberg gown is still youthful, thanks to those frothy ruffles and rosettes. And we kind of love how her shiny blonde locks simply pop.
Rachel Bilson10 of 30
A '50s-inspired hourglass silhouette works wonders for tiny Rachel Bilson, who looks beautiful in this abstract floral-print Louis Vuitton dress. Her deep side part matches the retro feel to perfection. Score another style win for Summer Roberts.
Jessica Alba11 of 30
Jessica Alba chose to look and do good in a gorgeous one-shouldered gown designed by Sophie Theallet for the Gap. It will be offered in a silent auction, where all proceeds are donated to support the Costume Institute.
Kate Bosworth12 of 30
Kate Bosworth references the '40s in a fabulous beaded Valentino gown that's perfect for a night out on the town. It looks sleek and comfortable at the same time. Add in some pin curls and a mauve lip that complements the hues in the dress and there's not much she could have done better.
Katy Perry13 of 30
While it's not the most stylish choice, we do give Katy Perry creative points for her LED CuteCircuit dress. Next time however, we suggest leaving the gag gowns to Gaga ... though we did hear she was polite enough to turn it off during dinner.
Sienna Miller14 of 30
Sienna Miller (who arrived with on-again beau Jude Law) taps into a big trend in this ethereal dance-inspired Emilio Pucci gown. We adore a navy dress — what a nice change from basic black. And her long and loose hairstyle lets the details of her dress take center stage.
Zoe Saldana15 of 30
Zoe Saldana looks simply stunning in this sophisticated one-shoulder beaded Calvin Klein dress. From her hair to her makeup to her choice of gown, she epitomizes the minimalist chic that is Calvin.
The Three Amigas16 of 30
Nobody does understated elegance like Stella McCartney, who dressed herself and besties Liv Tyler and Kate Hudson. (What we wouldn't give to sit at that cool girls' table.) We love Stella and Liv's "mullet" dresses that are short in the front and long in the back. Trend alert!
Blake Lively17 of 30
This flirty, ruffled Marchesa dress is the perfect choice for a young actress like Blake Lively. We can't imagine anyone much older getting away with showing off that much skin. Because, wow, that's a whole lotta leg and shoulder and arm. ...
Chloe Sevigny18 of 30
Chloe Sevigny's turquoise lace Proenza Schouler dress makes her look quite ladylike, and we love the contrast of a covered up, body-conscious top with a full, short skirt. Plus, this is edgier than the gowns most others chose, which is just what we like to see from the indie actress.
Sarah Jessica Parker19 of 30
Sarah Jessica Parker glows in this swingy '70's-inspired Halston Heritage dress (she actually serves as the brand's Creative Director) and accents her hairstyle with a floral barrette, perhaps borrowed from Carrie Bradshaw's closet.
Riley Keough20 of 30
Model Riley Keough (Lisa Marie Presley's daughter) gets pretty in a ruffled and tiered Thakoon design for the Gap. It will also be auctioned off, with proceeds going to benefit the Costume Institute.
Jessica Biel21 of 30
Jessica Biel certainly looked beautiful in this long, creamy Ralph Lauren gown. We usually aren't big fans of satin, since it's one of the most unforgiving fabrics, but the looser drape (and of course Jessica's perfect body) make this look work.
Jessica Stam22 of 30
Model Jessica Stam radiates glamour in this slinky purple Rachel Roy dress. She's perfectly accessorized in a vintage Bulgari necklace and cuff bracelet. And the modern version of Veronica Lake waves in her hair are to die for.
Kristen Stewart23 of 30
This stunning Chanel Haute Couture gown has a '40s sensibility with its architectural bodice and sheer long skirt, but we fear it's a bit formal for a young actress like Kristen Stewart. And while we see where her stylist was going with her hair, we're thinking something a tad softer would have been more flattering.
Maggie Gyllenhaal24 of 30
Maggie Gyllenhaal's dramatic Louis Vuitton gown has a moody quality that the actress accentuates with her dramatic makeup and hair style. But the whole look gets a lift from the height of her updo, which we like very much.
Naomi Watts25 of 30
Naomi Watts glows in this one-shouldered fuschia Stella McCartney number. Say what you will, we think the oversize ruffle makes this dress. Plus, the way her makeup artist coordinated her lips and blush with the dress actually works really well.
Nicole Richie26 of 30
Nicole Richie looks like the pop music royalty she is in this shimmering Marc Jacobs gown. We love that this looks like the more spring-appropriate sister of her long-sleeved metallic Reem Acra Oscar gown. The girl certainly understands how to work a fashion motif.
Taylor Swift27 of 30
Taylor Swift looks perfectly angelic in this off-the-shoulder Ralph Lauren gown. With its bead and ruffle accents, this style is a throwback to the '40s. And, of course, CoverGirl had its makeup maestro, Pat McGrath, create a stunning look for the newest spokeswoman. What. A. Lip.
Mila Kunis28 of 30
Mila Kunis made a splash in this dramatic and dark layered Vera Wang gown that's absolutely appropriate for an event like the Met Ball. And we love the light streaks she's added to her hair in the back. Striking.
Carey Mulligan29 of 30
Carey Mulligan looks perfectly sweet in this lavender Prada minidress, although we're not sure about opaque tights in summer — it was sweltering in NYC. Bare legs and a pair of silver heels would have been a better choice for this dressy affair.
Diane Kruger30 of 30
Diane Kruger is the definition of elegance in this effortlessly chic white Calvin Klein gown. (She's also the newest face of Calvin Klein Beauty.) Add to all this that she was escorted to the gala by a dapper Joshua Jackson (rocking an ascot!), and we're convinced she's living our dream life.
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds