Models and Musicians
- Next1 of 16Gotcha Images/Splash News
- Previous Next2 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 16Glo
- Previous Next12 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 16Glo
- Previous Next14 of 16Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 16Glo
- Previous Next16 of 16Getty Images
- Models and MusiciansFROM ELLE: Beauty Secrets Around The World
- Behind the scenes of the ELLE March cover shoot
- Which Hollywood eyes are your favorite?
- 25 Years of Beauty Trends
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- How to dress up without the dress
- Katie Holmes is ELLE's February Cover Girl
- Behind The Scenes: ELLE Covershoot
- Go Behind The Scenes For the ELLE July Cover Shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
Rockstar Couples1 of 16
In honor of supermodel Kate Moss' recent nuptials, we celebrate the enduring tradition of the rockstar-model pairing. Take a trip down memory lane with 15 of the hippest, hottest, and weirdest beauty-and-the-beat couples!
Kate Moss and Pete Doherty2 of 16
Like all the best rock-star romances, this relationship was messy, utterly riveting tabloid gold. Moss eventually found her white knight, but it was Doherty who took her on quite the ride.
Eva Herzigova and Tico Torres3 of 16
The lithe, blond Victoria's Secret– and Sports Illustrated–beloved supermodel and the drummer from Bon Jovi back in the late ’90s lasted only two years, but we still give Torres kudos for holding on to the Russian stunner that long.
Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley4 of 16
Both are synonymous with the ’80s, and Joel’s “Uptown Girl” video perfectly captures this odd pairing—even though Joel wrote it with his ex, Elle Macpherson, in mind.
Doutzen Kroes and DJ Ruckus5 of 16
Before she married Dutch club mixer Sunnery James, Kroes was linked with Miami hip-hop spinner—and Lenny Kravitz’s cousin—Greg “DJ Ruckus” Andrews. We’d say that Kroes must be a sucker for headphones.
Jack White and Karen Elson6 of 16
It figures that one of the hippest model-rocker couples of the past decade would even bring their signature cool to their divorce—with an upcoming kegger in Splitsville.
Caleb Followill and Lily Aldridge7 of 16
Followill, of Southern Christian rock band Kings of Leon, met Aldridge at Coachella in 2007 and the two married this May. Surprisingly, the couple wed at a ranch in Montecito, Calif., instead of a church. But they made up for it with their choice of wedding DJs, whose name was Jesus.
MORE FROM ELLE: Most Gorgeous Celebrities From Every State!
Adam Levine and Anne Vyalitsyna8 of 16
Maroon 5 frontman Levine spends two nights a week judging NBC singing competition The Voice with Christina Aguilera. But his usual co-pilot is Russian beauty and Victoria’s Secret model Anne Vyalitsyna.
Yasmin Parvaneh and Simon LeBon9 of 16
The year 1985 was a big one for LeBon: Duran Duran created the theme for James Bond flick A View to a Kill, and he married British-Iranian beauty Yasmin Parvaneh. The two are still together.
Agyness Deyn and Albert Hammond Jr.10 of 16
Over the years, rock-chic Deyn has dated Josh Hubbard of the Paddingtons, Miles Kane of the Last Shadow Puppets, and Alex Greenwald of Phantom Planet. She broke up with The Strokes guitarist Hammond Jr. in 2009, which—and we’d like to get a cut of this—means her exes can finally start an all-star band.
Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock11 of 16
Kid Rock was Anderson’s second husband after Mötley Crüe co-founder Tommy Lee. Marriages to both rowdy rockers, unsurprisingly, ended in divorce.
MORE FROM ELLE: Look Rockstar-Ready With Chic Shades
Georgia May Jagger and Django James12 of 16
If these rock-star spawn (the daughter of Mick and the son of Eurythmics’ Dave Stewart) ever get married, they’ll have their pick of the world’s best wedding bands. Move over, Will and Kate.
MORE FROM ELLE: Your Must-Read Summer Hair Forecast
Rachel Hunter and Rod Stewart13 of 16
Sports Illustrated swimsuit-issue mainstay Hunter had graced the covers of ELLE and Seventeen when she married Rod Stewart, 24 years her senior, in 1990, and added Rolling Stone to her résumé when she and her hubby appeared on cover. The two divorced in 2006.
Iman and David Bowie14 of 16
The epitome of perpetual cool, these two have never lost their It status.
Sean Lennon and Charlotte Muhl15 of 16
The current It couple channel the creativity of John and Yoko as sunny, psychedelic rock duo the Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger.
MORE FROM ELLE: Off-Duty Model Style from Paris!
Jerry Hall and Mick Jagger16 of 16
Hall famously left Roxy Music’s Brian Ferry (the two met when she appeared as a mermaid on the cover of the band’s fifth album, Siren) for Jagger in 1977. The common-law couple were together for 22 years and had four kids before they split in 1999. Jagger has since led a model bachelor life—he’s since been linked to Carla Bruni, Luciana Gimenez, Chrissie Shrimpton, and Sophie Dahl, and his current squeeze is model-turned-stylist L’Wren Scott.
MORE ON ELLE: Click to see more rockstar-model couples