More Is More
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous Next2 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next3 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next4 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next5 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next6 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next7 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next8 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next9 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next10 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next11 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next12 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next13 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next14 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next15 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next16 of 17StyleSight
- Previous Next17 of 17StyleSight
- More Is More25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
STYLE_Intro_Layering_v011 of 17
Great Lengths2 of 17
By Lilah Nicolaidis
That fall staple, the trench coat, looks right when paired with a just-below-the-knee-length skirt, as seen here at Dries Van Noten.
That’s a Match3 of 17
Take it from us (and Anna Sui): A scarf-and-hat combo is a cute way to accessorize in cold weather.
Knot Interested4 of 17
Try a shirt with a bow or knotted collar under a blazer, as seen at Balmain, for a great and stylish office ensemble.
Solid Style5 of 17
BCBG showed its fall collection with opaque white tights -- a modern way to brighten your daytime look.
The Golden Fleece6 of 17
Invest in a serious shearling jacket, like this style from Burberry, and you’ll win style points and be cozy all season long.
Neutral Zone7 of 17
Try a head-to-toe neutral look, like this Michael Kors ensemble, for an instantly sophisticated outfit. …
Color Theory8 of 17
… or add a burst of color to an otherwise monochromatic look to brighten your day, like at Paul Smith.
Sock It to Me9 of 17
Brian Reyes’s fall collection included many knee socks, and we actually think this is a rather adorable way to stay warm.
Fantasy Isle10 of 17
Although we do love the fur mittens, it’s Max Mara’s oversize sweater, with its modern fair-isle print, that really caught our eye.
Sheer Genius11 of 17
Try a sheer layer in a similar color under a blazer for a subtly sexy look, per Calvin Klein.
Jean Queen12 of 17
A denim jacket is a must this season, even if you pair yours with khakis and not sparkly glitter pants à la Isabel Marant.
Knit Wit13 of 17
Celine’s collection shows us that statement knits are in and easy to layer over a simple tee and trousers.
Mix It Up14 of 17
Don’t stash your summer dresses away just yet. Try them with tights, boots and a sweater for a bohemian-chic look, as seen at Ralph Lauren.
Tie One On15 of 17
Menswear is in for fall, and although this Hermès look is a bit over-the-top, we do love a tie on a woman every once in a while.
It’s in the Details16 of 17
Carolina Herrera’s uber-luxe collection had a definite late-’70s vibe, but a pair of suede gloves and a fedora with an exaggerated brim would lend a sophisticated feel to any look.
A Vested Interest17 of 17
Although Fendi’s furs are real, we suggest you try one of the season’s many faux alternatives, especially in a vest, as a chic fall layer.