Your guide to the most flattering party looks
- Next1 of 13Courtesy of Juicy Couture; Target
- Previous Next2 of 13Courtesy of Kohl's
- Previous Next3 of 13Courtesy of Thatcher Collection
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Amber Sakai
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of Kohl's
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of Juicy Couture
- Previous Next8 of 13Courtesy of Juicy Couture
- Previous Next9 of 13Courtesy of Kohl's
- Previous Next10 of 13Courtesy of Seven Jeans
- Previous Next11 of 13Courtesy of Claire's
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of Kate Spade
Celebrate You1 of 13
By Melissa Magsaysay
Thanks to forgiving fabrics, flattering cuts and clever designs, you won't need to bother with the New Year's resolution to shed 10 ten pounds. Here are 12 great pieces to help you look your most svelte and stylish this holiday season.
Teal Appeal2 of 13
Strategically placed trim lifts the bust while creating the illusion of a slimmer waist.
SHOP NOW: Narciso Rodriguez color block sheath dress, $30
Gold Standard3 of 13
Shimmy into this body-con skirt. It's made from seamless nylon Lycra that's designed to hold you in and create a sleek silhouette.
SHOP NOW: Thatcher Collection tube skirt, $135
Amazing Lace4 of 13
The panel of delicate lace on this heather gray tee brings the eye to the center, making the torso appear smaller.
SHOP NOW: Amber Sakai Lace Panel T, $159
Penciled In5 of 13
Panels on the sides of this pencil skirt can shave inches off your lower half.
SHOP NOW: ASOS pencil skirt, $53
Line Up6 of 13
Stretchy pants are a no-brainer for a food-heavy holiday fete. Choose a pair of skinny leggings with a piped seam to make the legs appear thinner.
SHOP NOW: Simply Vera Vera Wang leggings, $20
In a Flash7 of 13
The intricate pattern on this tux-inspired blazer is ideal for anyone who wants to distract from her lower half. Pair it with straight-leg black pants to balance the look.
SHOP NOW: Juicy Couture Palladium brocade blazer, $130
Seeing Spots8 of 13
Prefer to keep your arms covered? The sheer sleeves on this minidress let you show some skin without feeling self-conscious.
SHOP NOW: Peekaboo mini dress, $125
Block Party9 of 13
The dramatic black stripe on this color-blocked top instantly helps whittle your middle.
SHOP NOW: Charmeuse color block top, $22
Jean Therapy10 of 13
The mix of figure-flattering fabrics in these skinny jeans is said to make you look at least one size smaller. Plus, the deep wine color is this season's "it" shade.
SHOP NOW: 7 For All Mankind Slim Illusion jeans, $168
In the Loop11 of 13
A sparkly scarf draped loosely around the neck subtly conceals a larger chest while effortlessly pulling together a holiday ensemble.
SHOP NOW: Sequin eternity scarf, $14
On Point12 of 13
A metal accent at the tip of an already pointed pump slims the look of the leg, making it appear longer and sleeker.
SHOP NOW: Mossimo Women’s Viveca pump, $33
Hanging In13 of 13
These delicate drop earrings make a statement while elongating the neck.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade drop earrings, $78
NEXT ON GLO: Real women's best styles of 2012
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests