Most memorable hats from the Kentucky Derby
- Next1 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 20Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Moet & Chandon
- Previous Next8 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 20Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Moet & Chandon
- Previous Next10 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 20Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Moet & Chandon
- Previous Next12 of 20Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Moet & Chandon
- Previous Next13 of 20Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for York Sisters, LLC
- Previous Next14 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 20Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Moet & Chandon
- Previous Next16 of 20Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 20Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Moet & Chandon
- Previous Next19 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
- Previous Next20 of 20Stephen Lovekin/WireImage
Derby Style1 of 20
By Brienne Walsh
Sure the horses are impressive, but the real star attractions at the Kentucky Derby are the fabulously over-the-top hats. Despite the heavy rains, this years revelers were as festive and stylish as ever. Here, take a look at the most memorable hat hits—and misses— from this year's Run for the Roses.
Spacing Out2 of 20
MISS: Earth to Miranda Lambert. The country singer's wide-brimmed hat looked like a flying saucer that had crash landed on her head.
Pretty in Pink3 of 20
HIT A fancy fuchsia bonnet dressed up the LBD worn by "Ready for Love" star Angela Zatopek.
Bold Blooms4 of 20
HIT: Coca Rocha dazzled in a orchid-embellished bonnet with matching violet lipstick.
In the Black5 of 20
MISS: Jennifer Tilly's hat looked like it had been lifted from Helen Bonham Carter's costume wardrobe.
For the Birds6 of 20
MISS: Miss America Mallory Hagan is every bit the vixen in her sleek suit—we just wonder if a bird mistakenly set up a nest on her head?
Spring Forward7 of 20
HIT: Caroline Boyer (wife of country singer Luke Bryan) stunned in simple white hat with vibrant jewel-toned touches.
Kidding Around8 of 20
HIT: Anna Nicole Smith's daughter, Dannielynn, hammed it up for the cameras in this adorable little Mary Poppins-inspired get-up.
Party Lines9 of 20
MISS: Martina McBride is as gorgeous as ever, but the stripes on her dress are hypnotizing us. We're getting very sleepy…
In the Nude10 of 20
MISS: Lauren Conrad's look was pretty, but the all nude hue felt a bit plain for the festivities.
Lacey Lady11 of 20
HIT: While admittedly less showy than other Derby hats, Angela Bassett's topper was classy and cool.
Sweat It12 of 20
MISS: Kid Rock looked like he decided to drop by the Derby on his way to the gym.
Queen Bee13 of 20
HIT: Why wear a hat when you can wear a tiara? We suppose you have to be lucky enough to own one, like Whittney Allen, Miss Kentucky USA 2013.
Bad Call14 of 20
MISS: Without the telephone chord detail, the hat worn by author Nora Roberts might have been a hit.
Lady in Red15 of 20
HIT: Jane Seymour looked smokin' in this head-to-toe crimson ensemble.
Not-So-Fine Feather16 of 20
MISS: Something about the gray ostrich feathers on Star Jones' topper were a little too somber for the occasion.
True Blue17 of 20
HIT: Krysten Ritter could have been on the set of The Great Gatsby in her stunning blue satin bonnet and matching silk dress.
Black Out18 of 20
MISS: Morgan Miller (wife of skier Bode Miller) went a little too incognito behind low-hanging black tulle.
White Hot19 of 20
HIT: Miss Kentucky contestant Arielle Evans looked sophisticated in a cream-colored hat with lace trim that complemented her navy lace dress.
French Dressing20 of 20
HIT: Jenny Mollen (wife of actor Jason Biggs) looked tres chic in striped fascinator—ooh la, la!
NEXT ON GLO: The Most Memorable Kentucky Derby Hats From 2012
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds