Anything but Basic
Fashion Tips from Ms. Brown
Up the elegance in wide-leg trousers.
Worn with heels and a more fitted top, a pair of palazzo pants is a refreshing alternative to your typical dress. "The more swing they have in them, the better," says Ms. Brown of the style that Hollywood's leading ladies made popular in the late '30s and '40s. Look for a pair that's tailored, but still lightweight enough to have movement.
Get a new attitude with a moto jacket. (Vroom, vroom.)
While a head-to-toe biker look is a bit too costume-y, a fitted motorcycle jacket in lightweight leather is the perfect way to add a little edge to otherwise feminine pieces, Ms. Brown tells us. She suggests looking for a cropped version with minimal detailing, which will make it easier to dress up or dress down. You'll be a rebel—with a cause.
More On MSN
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds