Anything but Basic
Fashion Tips from Ms. Brown
Slip into something more comfortable.
"A flowy slip dress is simply heavenly," says Ms. Brown of this versatile essential. Opt for a maxi length and a silhouette that's drapey, but not too clingy. ("It shouldn't look like a nightgown," notes Ms. Brown.) In warmer months, the breezy piece helps you stay cool, and during colder climes, you can pair it with a chunky cardigan and boots for an instantly effortless look.
Sign off on a signature color.
You've got all your neutrals—black, white and camel—covered, so to brighten up your wardrobe, Ms. Brown recommends splurging on a luxe silk blouse in your signature color. "Every woman should have a signature shade that she's known for," she says. Whether it's a rich jewel tone or a soft pastel, your hue should be one that both flatters and reflects your personality.
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds