- Next1 of 12Burberry, Fall 2011: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Jessica Simpson Collection
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Boden
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Coldwater Creek
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Vince Camuto
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
Outer Limits1 of 12
By Laurie Trott
There's nothing like a mid-fall snowstorm to remind us that coat season is here. But how do you bundle up without looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man? We've found our favorite coats that will keep you warm and still show off your shape.
Curves Ahead2 of 12
Create an hourglass figure or just enhance the one you have with a coat that nips at the waist and flares at the hem.
SHOP NOW: Jessica Simpson Collection Coat, $295
Swingers3 of 12
This A-line, '60s-inspired silhouette works well on girls with slim hips. Pair it with wide-leg trousers and heels to balance proportions.
SHOP NOW: Boden Swing Coat, $248
Double Down4 of 12
To minimize a larger bust, look for a classic peacoat that is open at the neck.
SHOP NOW: Coldwater Creek Pea Coat, $150
Fur Real5 of 12
A cropped fur jacket adds volume up top, balancing out proportions on a pear-shaped figure, and keeps you fashion forward in leopard print.
SHOP NOW: Ann Taylor Coat, $200
Tall Order6 of 12
Create curves on a tall, boyish figure with a detailed neckline and belted waist.
SHOP NOW: Cartonnier Tweed Overcoat, $298
Jack Frost7 of 12
Stay warm and maintain the appearance of a slim torso when the temperature drops by slipping on a black or navy puffer jacket that belts at the waist.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy Jacket, $70
Golden Ratio8 of 12
For a taller frame, choose a fur jacket that hits right above the thigh to give the appearance of a longer torso.
SHOP NOW: Topshop Coat, $220
Shear Bliss9 of 12
Get the shearling effect without all the bulk by opting for a military style with vertical lines, which draw the eye to the center and give a slimming effect.
SHOP NOW: Vince Camuto Coat, $239
Soft Sell10 of 12
A draped, unstructured trench that sits high on the waist creates the illusion of longer legs.
SHOP NOW: Topshop Trench Coat, $220
Caped Crusader11 of 12
Capes are a must-have for the season. For petite frames, look for one that is structured and hits just below the waist.
SHOP NOW: Juicy Couture Cape, $300
Tailor Made12 of 12
Keep warm and look chic with a parka that has a pintuck back and falls right below your bottom.
SHOP NOW: Daughters of the Liberation Parka, $100
NEXT GALLERY: Get the Boot
- 10 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 resolutions that are doomed to fail
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit for $1,850
- Find The Perfect Holiday Beauty Gift For Mom
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway