The most outrageous trends from Fashion Week
- Next1 of 31House of Holland; Pucci; Farhi S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 31Versace S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 31Altuzarra S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 31Proenza Schouler S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 31Emilio Pucci S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 31Gabriele Colangelo S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 31Temperley London S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 31BCBG Max Azria S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next9 of 31Jason Wu S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 31Osman S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next11 of 31House of Holland S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next12 of 31Kinder Aggugini S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next13 of 31Moschino S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next14 of 31Gabriele Colangelo S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next15 of 31Peter Som S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next16 of 313.1 Phillip Lim S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next17 of 31Proenza Schouler S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next18 of 313.1 Phillip Lim S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next19 of 31Creatures of the Wind S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next20 of 31Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next21 of 31Max Mara S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next22 of 31Luisa Beccaria S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next23 of 31Jonathan Saunders S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next24 of 31Burberry S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next25 of 31Roccobarocco S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next26 of 31Jason Wu S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next27 of 31Suno S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next28 of 31Derek Lam S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next29 of 31Jil Sander S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next30 of 31Marni S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next31 of 31Farhi S/S 2013: Imaxtree
Going to Extremes1 of 31
By Shannan Rouss
Warning: This Fashion Week wrap-up is not for the faint of heart. With overalls, semi-transparent trousers, bloated dresses, leather harnesses and more, these latest trends are anything but boring.
When in Rome...2 of 31
Or Milan, as the case may be. At Versace, models marched the runway in gladiattos, a gladiator-sandal-stiletto combo.
Tough Enough3 of 31
At Altuzarra, over-the-knee gladiattos toughened up the more conservative tweedy looks.
It's a Tie4 of 31
For those with patience, these gladiator-style shoes (with a chunkier heel than the gladiattos) lace up the front. (The previous two shoes have zippers in back for easy undressing.)
Thigh's the Limit5 of 31
Sheer details have been all the rage on the runway. In addition to peekaboo cutouts on dresses and tops, designers are now dabbling in semi-transparent trousers, as seen here at Emilio Pucci.
Coming Up Shorts6 of 31
For ladies who like to show a little shin, there were these tibia-revealing trousers on the Gabriele Colangelo runway in Milan.
A Sheer Thing7 of 31
At Temperley London, strategically placed sheer stripes upped the sexy factor on these swingy palazzo pants.
World Domination8 of 31
Has the fashion world been swept up in the 50 Shades of Grey frenzy? At BCBG, leather harness-like details made black lace even racier.
Of Human Bondage9 of 31
Designer Jason Wu combined naughty leather suspenders with a prim, ladylike dress.
Roped In10 of 31
At the Osman show in London, a strappy leather bodice and neckline were both strong and sexy.
Over It?11 of 31
The fashion world refuses to outgrow overalls, with new incarnations (like this colorful shorts version from House of Holland) showing up from season to season.
Something's Fishy12 of 31
Inspired by fishermen, Kinder Aggugini, who worked for Versace and Calvin Klein before launching his own collection, included a pair of swordfish-print overalls in his show.
Holy Moly13 of 31
At Moschino, pretty eyelet overalls called to mind Granny's special-occasion tablecloths.
Hold On14 of 31
Clutches with safety straps (seen here at Gabriele Colangelo in Milan) could provide a second line of defense against potential purse snatchers.
In the Wrist15 of 31
At Peter Som, a soft clutch sat comfortably at the wrist.
Gold Rush16 of 31
Even with a safety strap, this roomy clutch from 3.1 Phillip Lim could get a little unwieldy once filled.
Vested Interest17 of 31
Sleeves—who needs 'em? At Proenza Schouler leather vests went with the show's rockabilly vibe.
Bringing Flexy Back18 of 31
Perfect for showing off your toned guns, the vests at 3.1 Phillip Lim had a relaxed and rugged feel.
Double Up19 of 31
A double-breasted vest at Creatures of the Wind kept a pink skirt from being too sweet.
Rags to Riches?20 of 31
The models at Marc by Marc Jacobs wore a hodge-podge of bright colors topped off with a fashion shmata. (Oy.)
That's a Wrap21 of 31
If this trend (as seen at Max Mara) catches on, then you'll at least have an easy fix for bad hair days.
Bohemian Rhapsody22 of 31
Italian designer Luisa Beccaria got into the gypsy spirit with off-the-shoulder tops and bold head wraps.
Shine On23 of 31
Metallic fabrics aren't limited to shades of gold, silver and bronze. At Jonathan Saunders, a glistening fabric created a rainbow of shimmer.
Heavy Metal24 of 31
The Burberry show included printed metallics and ladylike silhouettes.
Foiled Again25 of 31
In Milan, Roccobarocco updated a black slip dress with a burst of metallic blue.
This & That26 of 31
It's a sandal. No, it's a bootie. No, it's a sandootie. The hybrid shoe made an appearance at Jason Wu.
Toe the Line27 of 31
A peep-toe, printed sandootie graced the Suno runway.
Buckle Up28 of 31
At Derek Lam, models slithered down the runway in snakeskin sandooties that buckled in back.
Room to Grow29 of 31
At Jil Sander, this roomy shirtdress puts the bag in baggy.
Big Idea30 of 31
Oh, Marni. So much for black being slimming.
Fill 'Er Up31 of 31
A balloon skirt at Nicole Farhi offered sizable pockets, ideal for stashing a small animal, a turkey sandwich, an inflatable raft or any other daily essentials.
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- Office Supplies' New Look
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway