What really happens backstage at Fashion Week
- Next1 of 15Jason Wu S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 15BCBG S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 15Prabal Gurung S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 15Rag and Bone S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 15Diesel S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 15Prabal Gurung S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 15Tracy Reese S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 15Rodarte S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next9 of 15Victoria Beckham S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 15Zac Posen S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next11 of 15Michael Kors S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next12 of 15Michael Kors S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next13 of 15Belstaff S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next14 of 15Anna Sui S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next15 of 15Marc Jacobs S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- What really happens backstage at Fashion WeekOrchid: Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year
- 9 Hottest Celeb Bikini Trends This Winter
- ELLE Names Joan Smalls The New Supermodel
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Celeb Looks For All Your Holiday Parties
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- 12 Must-Haves From Isabel Marant for H&M
- 7 Best Friends (& Bloggers) With Polar Styles
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- The 20 Best of Street Style Looks of 2013
- 11 Best Shopping Sites You've Never Heard Of
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- The Sexy & Sophisticated Way to Show Some Skin
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- Jamie Chung's Cute Winter Style Under $200
- The Celeb Winter Trend To Try Now
Fashion Shenanigans1 of 15
By Julie Fishman
A runway show may last all of ten minutes, but the backstage action can go on for hours. Glo takes you behind the scenes where the real excitement is. See how the models prep, what they eat and how they have fun during their downtime.
A Stitch in Time2 of 15
Even long-legged ladies need a hem every now and then. Seconds before hitting the runway, a BCBG model receives a quick pant fix from a stylist adept at sewing under pressure.
Make a Run For It3 of 15
Timing is everything during Fashion Week. Rather than be late, this smiling Prabel Gurung model sprinted toward the stage—in five-inch heels, no less.
In the Cards4 of 15
The hurry-up-and-wait atmosphere backstage means models have to entertain themselves. At Rag and Bone, Aymeline Valade takes a break with a game of solitaire, played the old-fashioned way.
It Takes a Village5 of 15
As six hands juggle six tools all for one head, teamwork is clearly key at Diesel Black Gold. While it may look like mayhem, stylists have practiced each look on mannequin heads, like the one we found backstage at Naeem Khan.
Nailing It6 of 15
Elaborate, eye-catching nails were a popular accessory this Fashion Week. Nail specialists, like the one pictured here from Prabal Gurung, used a variety of brushes to create meticulous detail and texture.
A Shoe-In7 of 15
Despite pre-made boards specifying who should wear what when, sometimes coordinators must resort to on-the-spot signs to make extra sure that no one grabs blue mules when they're supposed to put on studded sling backs.
Buckle Up8 of 15
No spindly stilettos here. At Rodarte, models got to give their feet a rest in these chunky-heeled snowboard-inspired sandals.
Picture Perfect9 of 15
In a sea of tall and gorgeous women, it's hard to keep who's who straight. The team at Victoria Beckham used headshots to double and triple check that they grabbed the right girl.
Buffer Zone10 of 15
A trio of models awaits makeup at Zac Posen. Those headbands aren't part of Posen's collection—they're pinned pieces of tissue paper designed to keep models' hair out of the way without making bumps or dents.
Funny Face11 of 15
At Michael Kors, model Bette Franke hams it up for the camera. Even her "ugly" face is pretty.
Hunger Games12 of 15
Fashion's larger-than-life legend André Leon Talley teases model Karlie Kloss as he faux-bites into a muffin backstage at Michael Kors.
Caffeine Fix13 of 15
Yogurt, soda and plenty of coffee lined the models' refreshment table at Belstaff. The robed girls chitchat and check their phones while waiting for nails to dry and makeup stations to open up.
Wigging Out14 of 15
The models at Anna Sui played dress up in cotton-candy-colored wigs. Here, Mirte Maas looks doll-like and serene despite the surrounding chaos.
Say Cheese15 of 15
The scene at Marc by Marc Jacobs was bright and cheery, just like the clothes, as models pulled out the iPad and struck their own preshow poses.
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway