Retro looks: from runway to real way
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Calvin Klein S/S12: Imaxtree; The Outnet
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Endless, BaubleBar
- Previous Next4 of 11Dolce & Gabbana S/S12: Imaxtree.com; NET-A-PORTER.COM
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Mar Y Sol, Shopbop
- Previous Next6 of 11Jason Wu S/S12: Imaxtree; Need Supply Co.
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Joie, Essex Los Angeles
- Previous Next8 of 11Chloe S/S12: Imaxtree; Topshop
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of BaubleBar, Shopbop
- Previous Next10 of 11Emilio Pucci S/S12: Imaxtree; Topshop
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Macy's, Zara
- Retro looks: from runway to real waySummer dresses under $300
- Skin-baring styles to beat the heat
- Get dressed in mixed prints
- 13 stylish sandals under $150
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- How to dress up without the dress
- Glo's style guide for every summer wedding
- Summer's Hottest Hair-and-Makeup Combos
- Style Candy: Flattering cover ups
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
INTRO_Summer-Romance1 of 11
Barely There2 of 11
Calvin Klein borrowed from the drapey, whisper-soft lines of the Depression-era. An ivory, light-as-air dress will keep you cool.
SHOP NOW: Nina Ricci dress, $525
Barely There3 of 11
Pair with barely there sandals in a cream or skin-tone hue while mixing jewelry metals for a unique and modern look.
Romp Room4 of 11
Italian duo Dolce & Gabbana got playful with its prints and girlie rompers reminiscent of the pre-war decade. A printed silk romper gives a little more coverage, suitable for someone who wants sophisticated with a splash of color.
SHOP NOW: Equipment playsuit, $280
Romp Room5 of 11
Keep your look retro in two-tone sunglasses that have vintage flair and a sunny yellow clutch in a summery fabric.
Hot to Trot6 of 11
Youthful New York designer Jason Wu took shorts even shorter with hot pants. Inspired by the sirens of the silver screen, these are only for the most daring (and confident) among us. A pair that's high-waisted and slightly less fitted are still risky but won't feel quite so risqué.
SHOP NOW: Dream Lover short, $60
Hot to Trot7 of 11
When going so short, stay covered up top: Opt for a loose blouse that ties at the waist for some retro flair. Just like the shorts, keep the bag itty-bitty. This little clutch will hold the bare necessities.
To the Max8 of 11
The free-spirited '70s made an appearance on the runway at Chloé. Billowy dresses swept the stage, perfect for staying cool or laying low. Keep the silhouette simple with a spaghetti-strap top, but try an ombre tone for a hint of interest.
SHOP NOW: Topshop maxi dress, $120
To the Max9 of 11
A neutral shoe will go with everything, while a cork heel adds that vintage vibe. Show your carefree side with colorful boho-chic earrings.
Crop Cut10 of 11
Italian designer Emilio Pucci revived the past with grunge-era crop tops and bohemian maxi skirts. When cutting it short with bra styles and crop tops, versions with thicker straps or ones that cover your shoulders make for a touch of modesty.
SHOP NOW: Topshop corset top, $45
Crop Cut11 of 11
Keep your waistline above the belly button to avoid overexposure. A flowy maxi skirt is a way to keep the summer vibe. Go big with your baubles. Make a statement (and get some coverage) with a bib-style necklace.
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds