Shorts Stories: The Best Figure Flattering Shorts
- Next1 of 12Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Barneys
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of L.L. Bean
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Barneys
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of AE
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Topshop
Get Shorty1 of 12
Now that we've passed the Memorial Day hump, it's officially leg-baring season. Still not sure what shorts work for your body type? Here's a roundup of what's best for hiding your flaws and accentuating your assets.
Relaxation Techniques2 of 12
Slouchy, black and wide-legged, this pair complements all figures.
SHOP NOW: Ann Taylor shorts, $78
Jean-ius!3 of 12
Slenderize your shape with slim-fit Bermuda shorts that hit right above the knee.
FIND: Stylish denim shorts
SHOP NOW: Old Navy shorts, $27
Short & Sweet4 of 12
For those gals with shorter legs, look for a pair with a shorter inseam—ideally four to five inches—and that hits mid-thigh.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew shorts, $40
Big Bloom5 of 12
To create curves, opt for bold print shorts in a fit that sits at the waist.
SHOP NOW: Pret a Surf shorts, $185
Wrap It Up6 of 12
If you have ample thighs and a small waist, an A-line skort is the most flattering silhouette.
SHOP NOW: L.L. Bean skort, $45
Waist Not7 of 12
If your torso is straight up and down, then try shorts with a big belt to help create the illusion of a waist.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew shorts, $78
Bottoms Up8 of 12
For booty problems, look for a high waist, pleats and a full leg. This roomy combination is a real eye-tricker.
SEARCH: More high-waisted shorts
SHOP NOW: French Connection shorts, $70
Skirting The Issue9 of 12
Just not a shorts person? This gorgeous draped skirt is actually a pair of shorts. Consider it training wheels until you're ready for the real deal.
SHOP NOW: Diane von Furstenberg shorts, $198
Slim Shady10 of 12
How many times did your mother tell you not to wear horizontal stripes? Well, don't listen to everything she says. Even if you have slim hips, these create the illusion of curves.
BING VIDEO: The Perfect Shorts to Transform Your Figure
SHOP NOW: Aubin & Wills shorts, $80
Mini-Me11 of 12
More petite ladies should look for lighter colors, a shorter inseam and pleats.
SHOP NOW: Aerie shorts, $22
Retro-Grade12 of 12
Opt for a high waist with flared legs to enhance your curves.
SEARCH: Stylish shorts in plus sizes
SHOP NOW: Topshop shorts, $100
NEXT GALLERY: The Best Figure Flattering Swimsuits
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer