- Next1 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next9 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next10 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next11 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next12 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Sidewalk Style10 budget-friendly bridal gowns
- 10 stylish ways to wear one tunic
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- American Idol fashion hits and misses
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
- 10 '80s trends are cool again
Electric Lady Land1 of 12
While most of the country is just coming out of a heat wave, we're already thinking about next season. These Manhattanites give us a preview of what to wear once the leaves start turning. —Laurie Trott
Anchor vibrant reds and oranges with black accessories such as a structured bag and sunglasses.
SHOP NOW: Orange Dress
Sheer Delight2 of 12
Shorts in the fall can be tricky. To make them seasonally appropriate, look for cool weather fabrics like leather and pair them with semi-sheer black tights.
SHOP NOW: Sheer Tights
Wild West3 of 12
For a less literal take on the Navajo trend, mix in surprising elements such as a sequined top or ankle boots.
SHOP NOW: Navajo Jacket
Trench Dressing4 of 12
Nothing says city slicker like that perfectly tailored trench. Infuse it with personality by opting for one with subtle details, such as an animal print on the sleeves.
SHOP NOW: Trench Coat
The Right Stripes5 of 12
A classic French sailor tee is a great transitional item. To avoid going overboard on the nautical look, wear it with an unexpected statement piece like this cropped faux fur jacket.
SHOP NOW: Nautical Stripe Shirt for Women
Show Some Skins6 of 12
Suede + leather = an effortless urban ensemble. The secret to getting it right? Stick to a similar shade when playing with different textures.
SHOP NOW: Over-the-Knee Suede Boots
Winter Whites7 of 12
Don't want to part with your favorite tribal maxi-dress that carried you through the summer? Layer it over a tank top and add a crisp white jacket to keep the outfit looking fresh but more autumnal.
SHOP NOW: White Leather Jacket
The Bottom Line8 of 12
Get ready for pants in vibrant hues of reds, blues and greens. Keep it simple by styling around them with black and white tops, jackets and accessories.
SHOP NOW: Red Trousers for Women
Cream Puff9 of 12
Mixing and matching your whites is a great way to stay on trend. A delicate silk skirt, structured wool jacket and softly knit scarf create a dynamic day look.
SHOP NOW: Ivory Silk Skirt
Neo Luxe10 of 12
Let an over-the-top hot pink animal-print skirt be the center of attention by balancing with a dark blouse or jacket and a simple bag.
SHOP NOW: Printed Maxi Skirt
The Cat's Meow11 of 12
Soften up a biker look with a playful accessory, such as this charming knit cap with kitten ears.
SHOP NOW: Cat Ear Hat
Sing The Blues12 of 12
The more, the merrier when it comes to this hue. Create a sophisticated look with deep shades of navy, indigo and royal blue.
SHOP NOW: Blue Suede Pumps
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds