Sidewalk Style: New York City
- Next1 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next9 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next10 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next11 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next12 of 12Imaxtree.com
- Sidewalk Style: New York CityAnd Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- 9 Hottest Celeb Bikini Trends This Winter
- ELLE Names Joan Smalls The New Supermodel
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Celeb Looks For All Your Holiday Parties
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- 12 Must-Haves From Isabel Marant for H&M
- 7 Best Friends (& Bloggers) With Polar Styles
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- The 20 Best of Street Style Looks of 2013
- 11 Best Shopping Sites You've Never Heard Of
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- The Sexy & Sophisticated Way to Show Some Skin
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- Jamie Chung's Cute Winter Style Under $200
- The Celeb Winter Trend To Try Now
In Full Bloom1 of 12
New York City style is at its prime when the weather heats up. Whether they're mixing tough city elements with feminine florals or donning the new preppy neons, we've found 12 women in the Big Apple whose style we love. –Laurie Trott
Make a billowy floral dress office-appropriate by adding a cropped, tailored blazer.
Match Dot Com2 of 12
Flirt up a printed matching suit by trying a shorts version, and add '40s-style heels for a playful feminine touch.
The Boxer3 of 12
Square off the proportions of a boxy, top-handle bag with a delicate dress and feminine, strappy heels.
Short Cuts4 of 12
Balance proportions when wearing cropped trousers by tucking in your top, belting at the waist, and wearing a stacked heel.
Go Big5 of 12
To keep your styling youthful when carrying an oversize '80s throwback satchel, layer a bad-girl biker vest over a vibrant floral minidress.
Long and Lean6 of 12
Consider neons a blank canvas—mix the wild shades with metallics in conservative shapes for a quirky, preppy-nouveau look.
The Clash7 of 12
When mixing prints, find a common color to tie the pieces together. Pair a micro-print with a maxi-print, and go for bold shoes and bags.
Prints Charming8 of 12
Dress down bold-printed silk trousers with a worn-in denim jacket and a crossbody bag.
Rock of Ages9 of 12
Top off a vintage T-shirt with a tough, chic biker jacket and slate-gray jeggings.
Minimal Impact10 of 12
Maximize this under-the-radar trend by mixing volumes and neutral hues—pair a full, pleated skirt with a fitted blouse and platform heels.
Photo Op11 of 12
Photo prints are the new florals this summer. Get ahead of the curve for spring, and temper bright colors with simple, neutral-hued shoes and bags.
Air Supply12 of 12
Balance the fluidity of an ethereal chiffon dress with rugged, lace-front booties.