ELLE's January Cover: Sarah Jessica Parker
- Next1 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next2 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next3 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next4 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next5 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next6 of 15Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 15Claire R Greenway/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 15James Devaney/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 15JON LEVY/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 15JON LEVY/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 15Mirek Towski/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 15Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 15Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 15Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 15Dirck Halstead/TIME & LIFE Images/Getty Images
- ELLE's January Cover: Sarah Jessica Parker25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
- 13 Models Famous For Their Beauty Quirks
- Blogger Challenge: 9 Outfits For Under $100
Star Power1 of 15
For ELLE's January cover, racks of fabulous clothes and accessories were provided for Sarah Jessica Parker, but it was the Halston dresses that provided much of the inspiration for the shoot. Considering the actress's role as President and Chief Creative Officer at Halston and Halston Heritage, it was a perfect fit.
Star Power2 of 15
SJP explained how seriously she takes her role at Halston: “I said, ‘Please know this now: I will never do this for a title. I will never dip in and out of this. I’ll do it like everything else I’ve ever done. I’ll be involved down to the splitting of the atom.’”
Star Power3 of 15
She also revealed a bit about her design skills: “I might not have the language; I can’t always tell you the exact blend of a fabric, but I figure it out.”
Star Power4 of 15
When asked about meeting her recently adopted twins after their birth, she had this to say: “[Meeting them] is hard to describe. Everything is suspended. I can’t even tell you what other sounds were in the room. I loved them immediately, but everything — their size, the shape of their heads, the color of their hair, their noses, their eyes — was new to me.”
Star Power5 of 15
On a topic very relevant to the over-40 beauty, she had this to say about aging naturally: “I don’t know what I can do about the aging. Yes, I am aging. Oh my God, I’m aging all the time. It’s like those flowers that wilt in front of you in time-lapse films. But what can I possibly do? Look like a lunatic?”
Star Power6 of 15
The actress in Halston at the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Gala, 2010.
Star Power7 of 15
SJP attends the after party following the UK premiere of Sex and the City 2, on May 27, 2010 in London.
Star Power8 of 15
Representing Carrie Bradshaw's iconic style in a still from the first SATC film.
Star Power9 of 15
Rebecca Romijn models a Halston design in 1997.
Star Power10 of 15
Helena Christensen also walked the runway for the famous fashion designer in 1997.
Star Power11 of 15
Halston's '70s aesthetic has always appealed to Hollywood stars, including Minnie Driver, seen here in 1998.
Star Power12 of 15
Warhol muse Jane Holzer (wearing Halston) and Halston himself attend the Diana Vreeland Costume Exhibit on December 9, 1980, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
Star Power13 of 15
Andy Warhol and Bianca Jagger (wearing Halston) attend a gala at Lincoln Center in New York City in 1978.
Star Power14 of 15
Actor John Belushi and his wife (wearing Halston) at a dinner hosted by Halston in New York City in 1981.
Star Power15 of 15
Beverly Johnson models an ethereal Halston gown, 1975.
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- Buy Lupita's Headband for $58
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The 10 Germiest Spots You're Not Cleaning
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds