ELLE's January Cover: Sarah Jessica Parker
- Next1 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next2 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next3 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next4 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next5 of 15Carter Smith
- Previous Next6 of 15Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 15Claire R Greenway/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 15James Devaney/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 15JON LEVY/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 15JON LEVY/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 15Mirek Towski/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 15Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 15Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 15Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 15Dirck Halstead/TIME & LIFE Images/Getty Images
- ELLE's January Cover: Sarah Jessica ParkerCool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- 10 budget-friendly bridal gowns
- 10 stylish ways to wear one tunic
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests
- American Idol fashion hits and misses
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
Star Power1 of 15
For ELLE's January cover, racks of fabulous clothes and accessories were provided for Sarah Jessica Parker, but it was the Halston dresses that provided much of the inspiration for the shoot. Considering the actress's role as President and Chief Creative Officer at Halston and Halston Heritage, it was a perfect fit.
Star Power2 of 15
SJP explained how seriously she takes her role at Halston: “I said, ‘Please know this now: I will never do this for a title. I will never dip in and out of this. I’ll do it like everything else I’ve ever done. I’ll be involved down to the splitting of the atom.’”
Star Power3 of 15
She also revealed a bit about her design skills: “I might not have the language; I can’t always tell you the exact blend of a fabric, but I figure it out.”
Star Power4 of 15
When asked about meeting her recently adopted twins after their birth, she had this to say: “[Meeting them] is hard to describe. Everything is suspended. I can’t even tell you what other sounds were in the room. I loved them immediately, but everything — their size, the shape of their heads, the color of their hair, their noses, their eyes — was new to me.”
Star Power5 of 15
On a topic very relevant to the over-40 beauty, she had this to say about aging naturally: “I don’t know what I can do about the aging. Yes, I am aging. Oh my God, I’m aging all the time. It’s like those flowers that wilt in front of you in time-lapse films. But what can I possibly do? Look like a lunatic?”
Star Power6 of 15
The actress in Halston at the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Gala, 2010.
Star Power7 of 15
SJP attends the after party following the UK premiere of Sex and the City 2, on May 27, 2010 in London.
Star Power8 of 15
Representing Carrie Bradshaw's iconic style in a still from the first SATC film.
Star Power9 of 15
Rebecca Romijn models a Halston design in 1997.
Star Power10 of 15
Helena Christensen also walked the runway for the famous fashion designer in 1997.
Star Power11 of 15
Halston's '70s aesthetic has always appealed to Hollywood stars, including Minnie Driver, seen here in 1998.
Star Power12 of 15
Warhol muse Jane Holzer (wearing Halston) and Halston himself attend the Diana Vreeland Costume Exhibit on December 9, 1980, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
Star Power13 of 15
Andy Warhol and Bianca Jagger (wearing Halston) attend a gala at Lincoln Center in New York City in 1978.
Star Power14 of 15
Actor John Belushi and his wife (wearing Halston) at a dinner hosted by Halston in New York City in 1981.
Star Power15 of 15
Beverly Johnson models an ethereal Halston gown, 1975.
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds