Skin-baring styles to beat the heat
- Next1 of 13Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 13Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous Next3 of 13Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of Shopbop
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous Next8 of 13Courtesy of Charm & Chain
- Previous Next9 of 13Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next10 of 13Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next11 of 13Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of Saks Fifth Avenue
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Skin-baring styles to beat the heatDermatologists solve your skincare conundrums
- 10 simply gorgeous summer 'dos
- Up your confidence with these looks
- Glo tested: self-tanners
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Hair Rules You Can Break
- Warm weather style rules you can break
- Get dressed in mixed prints
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
Pretty Cool1 of 13
By Lilah Nicolaidis
As the temperature rises, your best wardrobe bets are lightweight styles in classic silhouettes. These 12 summer essentials will let you stay cool while showing some skin—minus the skimpy factor.
Printed Matter2 of 13
This lightweight blouse is the perfect match for both jeans and a skirt.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy top, $15
Short Story3 of 13
These shorts are modest enough for the city while the skinny bow belt adds a sophisticated, ladylike touch.
SHOP NOW: Topshop short, $52
Be Jeweled4 of 13
Put your best pedicure forward with a sparkling sandal that adds a glamorous touch to any outfit.
SHOP NOW: Skemo sandal, $140
Think Shrink5 of 13
Instead of lugging around a giant tote, pack the bare essentials in a bright mini bag.
SHOP NOW: Cleobella bag, $99
Instant Classic6 of 13
This season's go-to dress is a gently draped, knee-length number in a solid color that shows off your tan.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew dress, from $60
You've Got Sole7 of 13
The espadrille is a classic summer shoe. A wedge style lengthens legs while looking great with dresses, skirts and pants.
SHOP NOW: Aldo sandal, $100
A Clear Choice8 of 13
Replace your hoops or chandeliers with jeweled clips for a lighter summer look.
SHOP NOW: Kendra Scott earrings, $55
Connect the Dots9 of 13
A simple shift dress with a classic polka-dot pattern will serve you well, day or night.
SHOP NOW: Made in Kind dress, $168
Lace Case10 of 13
A bit of lace shows some skin without going overboard. This blouse pairs well with a pencil skirt and a closed-toe shoe—ideal for almost any office.
SHOP NOW: Topshop blouse, $64
Easy Does It11 of 13
Linen pants are a summer wardrobe staple. A slightly tapered ankle gives this style the hint of structure it needs to go from work to weekend.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew pant, $68
Go Boho12 of 13
These turquoise sandals will take you effortlessly from brunch to the boardwalk.
SHOP NOW: Jack Rogers sandal, $105
Flutter By13 of 13
A lightweight, gauzy skirt can be casual with a simple tank or dressed up with a silk blouse and some sparkling accessories.
SHOP NOW: HD in Paris skirt, $78
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios