Style Icon: Sofia Coppola
- Next1 of 15Glo
- Previous Next2 of 15CAMERA PRESS/Theodore Wood/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next3 of 15CAMERA PRESS/Theodore Wood/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next4 of 15Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 15Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 15Eric Ryan/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 15Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 15Foc Kan/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 15PETER FOLEY/epa/Corbis
- Previous Next10 of 15Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 15RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital
- Previous Next12 of 15CAMERA PRESS/Theodore Wood/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next13 of 15Evan Agostini/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 15Evan Agostini/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 15AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Style Icon: Sofia Coppola
More to Love
Sofia_v01a1 of 15
Buttoned Up2 of 15
Sofia’s movie wardrobes may be lavish and outrageous, but her personal style is more understated and effortlessly chic. This pinstripe button down shirt-and-shorts ensemble is the perfect example of the director’s preference for a minimalist look with a slightly kooky twist.
Sheer Genius3 of 15
Sofia chose this black Louis Vuitton sheath dress for the Venice Film Festival premiere of Somewhere.
The Right Stripes4 of 15
In a modest short-sleeve knit T-shirt dress and cat’s-eye sunglasses, the director could pass for one of the innocent heroines of The Virgin Suicides.
White Night5 of 15
As designer Marc Jacobs’s date and longtime muse, it’s only fitting that Sofia attended the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala in 2008 in one of his casual-cool creations.
J’adore Dior6 of 15
And we can see why in this candy-colored, leopard-spotted, bubble-hemmed dress that the director wore to the fashion house’s Haute Couture Show in 2007.
Black Beauty7 of 15
Another fête, another custom gown. This dress was also designed by Sofia’s longtime friend Marc Jacobs.
Snow Queen8 of 15
We’re swooning over this luxurious and cozy coat.
Toned Down9 of 15
In keeping with her low-key style, Sofia wore a sequin tank and cropped black pants to a recent screening of Somewhere.
Shine On10 of 15
This glittery sequin shift dress hits the most universally flattering length: to the knee.
Wrap Around11 of 15
This chic black-and-white ensemble is perfectly accented by a shimmering silver belt and strappy sandals.
Fine Art12 of 15
This charming Louis Vuitton watercolor print dress is an ode to 1950s style and perfectly suits the director’s personal style.
Smooth Operator13 of 15
We love everything about this head-to-toe champagne-toned outfit, from the jewels to the dress to the satin shoes.
Think Big14 of 15
A pregnant Sofia flaunts her baby bump in a stylish, loose-fitting ruffled dress.
Seeing Spots15 of 15
Black-and-white dots or stripes always create a casual-cool look.
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds