9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Madewell
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Joie
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Piperlime
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Equipment
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Nordstrom
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
Party Girl1 of 10
By Nicole Mann Novick
When it comes to being a great hostess, dressing the part is half the battle—and a lot of the fun. From the ultimate apron to a wrinkle-free skirt, here are nine finds that are fashionable and functional, perfect for the modern party-thrower.
Skirt Around2 of 10
This flattering full skirt is made with comfy stretch fabric and wrinkle-free tailoring, so you can focus on your guests, instead of adjusting your attire.
SHOP NOW: Madewell skirt, $88
Chill Out3 of 10
A sleeveless blouse will keep you cool when you’ve been slaving over a hot stove, and answering the door with a pop of pink sets the tone for the fun party ahead.
SHOP NOW: Joie top, $228
Lime Aid4 of 10
Don't let your apron cramp your style. The thoughtful tailoring of this citrus number mimics the look of a chic party dress.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie apron, $32
Head Gear5 of 10
Keep your hair out of your face while you're busy preparing drinks. A retro turbanlike headband embellished with delicate beading exudes sophistication.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie headband, $32
Go Bold6 of 10
It's your party, so don't be afraid to stand out. This vintage-style statement necklace screams, "Hostess With the Mostest."
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade necklace, $298
Sole Savers7 of 10
Comfy shoes are a must when you'll be on your feet all day. Wedge espadrilles offer more support while keeping your look polished.
SHOP NOW: Sam Edelman shoes, $175
Hands On8 of 10
Your guests will be amazed at your attention to stylish detail when you break out these pretty toile oven mitts.
SHOP NOW: Williams-Sonoma oven mitts, $13
Don't Sweat It9 of 10
Dressing in light layers will allow you to keep cool gracefully as you quickly tend to guests. Try a classy cashmere cardigan like this one that can be elegantly draped over your shoulders.
SHOP NOW: Equipment sweater, $338
Perfect Timing10 of 10
Managing your time is key when hosting your own soiree. Keep track with a posh watch that's also water resistant for kitchen duties.
SHOP NOW: Movado watch, $150