Summer's Best Flaw-Fixing Dresses
- Next1 of 16Glo
- Previous Next2 of 16Courtesy of Calypso
- Previous Next3 of 16Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next4 of 16Courtesy of Boden
- Previous Next5 of 16Courtesy of A.P.C.
- Previous Next6 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next7 of 16Courtesy of Alternative Apparel
- Previous Next8 of 16Courtesy of Rebecca Taylor
- Previous Next9 of 16Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous Next10 of 16Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next11 of 16Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous Next12 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next13 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next14 of 16Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next15 of 16Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous Next16 of 16Courtesy of White House Black Market
SummerDresses_v01b1 of 16summerdressesedit
Haute Hippie2 of 16
By Nicole Mann Novick
Bohemian caftans have become popular again, and for good reason. The ankle-length hemline is effortlessly chic, and the cinched waist elongates the torso, making this an easy choice for women of all heights.
SHOP NOW: Calypso caftan, $225
Arm Yourself3 of 16
A sleeveless shift shows off those powerful arms that you’ve worked so hard to tone.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie dress, $178
That's A Wrap4 of 16
A wrap dress is eternally classic. It looks chic and timeless for work and evening, and can even transition into a sleek maternity outfit.
SHOP NOW: Boden dress, $128
Dress For Success5 of 16
A simple sheath looks sophisticated without projecting that you’ve tried too hard. This shapeless style best suits a long torso that does not require an accentuated waistline.
SHOP NOW: A.P.C. dress, $275
Get In Line6 of 16
Horizontal stripes aren’t for everyone. But for those in need of accentuated curves, a body-conscious nautical print is the way to go.
SHOP NOW: By Malene Birger dress, $165
Beach Chic7 of 16
Easy cotton dresses are a must-have for running around on a hot summer day or for throwing over a swimsuit at the beach. Try one with interesting tailoring, like a cowl neck or cinched waistline, to keep the casual look tailored and well fitted.
SHOP NOW: Alternative Apparel dress, $58
Twirls And Whirls8 of 16
There’s always something romantic about a ballerina-style dress. This one boasts a stunning smocked top, which manages to be sexy and flattering for both small- and large-breasted women.
SHOP NOW: Rebecca Taylor dress, $375
Pick Knits9 of 16
Clingy knit dresses aren’t always easy to wear. Try a flowy version, with wide sleeves and cascading layers, to keep the look breezy and elegant.
SHOP NOW: French Connection dress, $188
Tall Order10 of 16
A strapless maxi dress accentuates the neckline and gives the impression of a statuesque frame.
SHOP NOW: Edme & Esyllte Dress, $148
Triple Threat11 of 16
Careful tailoring can often be the key to flattering any figuring. The unique sash on this dress serves triple duty, by offering well-shaped coverage to the bust, giving the waist a pretty cinch and creating flowy pleats around the hips and thighs.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew dress, $295
Slim Pickings12 of 16
A belted cocktail dress not only sophisticates your appearance, but also offers a slimming touch to the waistline.
SHOP NOW: Marc by Marc Jacobs dress, $280
Open Arms13 of 16
Short, loose sleeves cover the upper arm area, while a deep V-neck draws attention to an elongated neckline.
SHOP NOW: Tara Matthews dress, $300
Get Shorty14 of 16
A printed baby doll dress keeps the look sweet, while the short hemline emphasizes slim legs.
SHOP NOW: Steven Alan dress, $248
Grade A15 of 16
A-line styles are excellent for pear-shaped figures. The fitted bodice hugs a woman’s curves on top, while the skirt flares out to conceal her hips.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew dress, $98
Be Supportive16 of 16
The prairie look is big this season. This interpretation offers a hidden bustier with boning to give you a secret lift.
SHOP NOW: White House Black Market dress, $168
NEXT GALLERY: Summer's Best Flaw-Fixing Bathing Suits
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- Save Using These Shopping Codes
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds