12 Holiday Sweaters You'll Actually Wear
- Next1 of 13Courtesy of Boutique by Jaeger; Topshop
- Previous Next2 of 13Courtesy of Ted Baker
- Previous Next3 of 13Glo
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Boutique by Jaeger
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of Dorothy Perkins
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of MATCHES
- Previous Next8 of 13Courtesy of Farfetch
- Previous Next9 of 13Courtesy of MyTheresa
- Previous Next10 of 13Glo
- Previous Next11 of 13Courtesy of STYLEBOP
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of J.Crew
- 12 Holiday Sweaters You'll Actually Wear10 budget-friendly bridal gowns
- 10 stylish ways to wear one tunic
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- American Idol fashion hits and misses
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
- 10 '80s trends are cool again
Knit Wit1 of 13
By Lilah Nicolaidis
Hipsters may have appropriated the "holiday sweater" for their own ironic devices, but now we're taking it back. Here are 12 festive and fashionable winter knits that you can wear—without a hint of irony.
Skater Girl2 of 13
A row of ice skaters gives this wintry Fair Isle sweater a touch of season fun. Skip the turtleneck underneath to avoid that clichéd holiday look.
SHOP NOW: Ted Baker sweater, $180
Cut Loose3 of 13
This roomy, poncho-style sweater is made for long weekends at the cabin, when comfort and coziness are key.
SHOP NOW: Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren poncho, $125
Reindeer Games4 of 13
A linear reindeer-silhouette print along the sleeves and neckline give this holiday sweater a modern style.
SHOP NOW: Boutique by Jaeger sweater, $158
Fit To Be Tied5 of 13
Bow motifs can be cutesy, but this super-soft sweater with one oversize graphic is completely grown-up.
SHOP NOW: Dorothy Perkins sweater, $49
Bear With Me6 of 13
Melt hearts with this sweet polar-bear-and-polka-dot option.
SHOP NOW: Topshop sweater, $100
Horsing Around7 of 13
With a touch of equestrian flair, this sleek knit would look perfect with your favorite pair of jeans and tall boots.
SHOP NOW: Weekend by MaxMara sweater, $283
The Cat's Meow8 of 13
Cat sweaters usually scream "old lady," but this cardigan is absolutely modern thanks to the abstract image, boxy cut and soft coloring.
SHOP NOW: Cats by Tsumori Chisato cardigan, $256
Chill Out9 of 13
An oversize turtleneck sweater with a refreshing pop of color will earn you style points at the office when paired with a pencil skirt, tights and pointy-toe heels.
SHOP NOW: By Malene Birger sweater, $244
Get in Line10 of 13
A series of shimmery gold stripes add just the right amount of sparkle to an otherwise classic sweater.
SHOP NOW: French Connection sweater, $80
Diamonds Are Forever11 of 13
Steer clear of heavy argyle knits and choose a sleek and slim-fitting style for an effortlessly chic look.
SHOP NOW: Theory sweater, $245
Reality Bites12 of 13
Nothing sends the message of "leave me alone and don't ask if I'm dating anyone" to prying relatives like tiger stripes and studs. Pair this slouchy cardigan with slim black pants and high heels.
SHOP NOW: Topshop cardigan, $130
Let It Snow13 of 13
A vintage-inspired popcorn knit can leave you looking frumpy, but thanks to a flattering slim cut, this piece will become a go-to item in your winter wardrobe.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew sweater, $138
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds