Take Your Own Rebellious Road Trip
- Next1 of 19Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 19Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 19Courtesy of Chronicle
- Previous Next4 of 19Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous Next5 of 19Courtesy of AE
- Previous Next6 of 19Courtesy of Supergoop
- Previous Next7 of 19Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 19Courtesy of Black + Blum
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 19Courtesy of Urban Outfitters
- Previous Next10 of 19Glo
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 19Courtesy of A+R Store
- Previous Next12 of 19Courtesy of MAC
- Previous Next13 of 19Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next14 of 19Courtesy of Panasonic
- Previous Next15 of 19Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next16 of 19Courtesy of Frais
- Previous NextWant It!17 of 19Courtesy of Knockknock
- Previous Next18 of 19Courtesy of Athleta
- Previous NextWant It!19 of 19Courtesy of Moleskine
- Take Your Own Rebellious Road TripGet The Celebrity Beach-Perfect Look!
- Swimsuits For Every Body And Budget
- How Old Is Your Body, Really?
- Slacks that fit and flatter your shape the most
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- Dating Tricks for Every Age
- Get the latest style & celeb trends
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
- 10 '80s trends are cool again
Intro_v011 of 19road
Precious Cargo2 of 19
Adjust the rearview mirror and speed off after tossing these retro suitcases in the trunk.
SHOP NOW: Cargo Cool Traveler Retro Suitcases Set of Three, $99
Speed Read3 of 19
Get revved up for your trip with this laugh-out-loud memoir by Rachel Shukert. While your journey may not take you as far as Amsterdam, as hers did, you'll be laughing along with her pitfalls—both travel-related and otherwise.
SHOP NOW: Everything Is Going to Be Great, $11
Extra Leg Room4 of 19
Perfectly worn-in slouchy denim cutoffs make it easy to put the pedal to the metal. (But watch out for that speed limit!)
SHOP NOW: J. Crew shorts, $80
Arms Length5 of 19
Make sure you've got a breezy long-sleeve cotton shirt to protect yourself from driver's tan.
SHOP NOW: AE shirt, $40
Burn Notice6 of 19
Even if you keep your windows up (but why would you?), those UV rays can penetrate glass and leave you with a serious sunburn. Protect your skin with these convenient sunscreen swipes.
SHOP NOW: Supergoop SPF 30 Swipes, $12
Getting Catty7 of 19
'50s-style cat's eye sunglasses not only shade your eyes from harsh rays, but also give an instant shot of glamour to a T-shirt and cutoffs.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch sunglasses, $149
Fuel Up8 of 19
Forget rest stops and fast food eats. Instead, bring your own home-cooked meals on the road in this ultra modern lunch box.
SHOP NOW: Black + Blum Lunch Pot, $22
Bat Away9 of 19
Dress up your car with a touch of feminine style, thanks to the latest trend in auto fashion: car lashes. Attached by special tape, the set of plastic fringe flutters coyly above your ride's headlights.
SHOP NOW: Car Lashes, $30
Oil Check10 of 19
Logging in long hours on the road means having to be flexible about your beauty routine. If you skip a hair wash (or two), use this dry shampoo to hair looking blow-in-the-wind pretty.
SHOP NOW: Skinny Skinny Organic Dry Shampoo, $32
Eye Spy11 of 19
Whether you're catching a glimpse of a rare bird or eyeing the hot guys in the car ahead, having a pocket-sized monocular will come in handy on the open road.
SHOP NOW: ZoomArt Monocular, $48
Balm's Away12 of 19
Traveling through different climes can wreak havoc on your skin. Save face with this lightly tinted, hydrating primer that works on light to dark skin tones.
SHOP NOW: MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm, $30
Linens & Things13 of 19
The beauty of linen is that it actually looks good wrinkled. This dress takes up minimal space and works for a variety of occasions on the road.
SHOP NOW: Topshop dress, $90
Ready For Your Close-Up14 of 19
Capture all those memorable moments with a pint-sized camera that lets you shoot mini movies and snap 3-D pics. Added bonus: The camera comes with a "beauty retouch" feature so you can fix any flaws instantly.
SHOP NOW: Panasonic LUMIX FX78 Digital Camera, from $318
Baja Fresh15 of 19
Classic Mexican sweaters have come a long way since The Grateful Dead stopped touring. Re-imagined with pretty colors and a more feminine silhouette, tops like this one pair perfectly with a flippy little dress when the sun's gone down.
SHOP NOW: Textile Elizabeth And James baja, $165
Come Clean16 of 19
Feeling all greasy and grimy after a day of driving? Refresh your face with these revitalizing makeup removeing towelettes in handy travel sizes.
SHOP NOW: Frais Towelettes, $10
Are You Game?17 of 19
Occupy those long stretches of open road with this fun take on classic bingo. Perfect if you're road-tripping with kids, the game will keep more antsy passengers busy, so you can cruise smoothly.
SHOP NOW: Road Trip Bingo, $8
Get A Head Start18 of 19
Driving with the top down? Secure flyaways with a floppy canvas hat.
SHOP NOW: Roxy hat, $28
Hot To Jot19 of 19
Whether you're the type to travel log as you go or reminisce on the journey later, this colorful journal is the perfect place to take down all the details. A favorite of writers, the notebook may just inspire you to write your own On the Road.
SHOP NOW: Moleskine Classic Red Notebook, $10
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer