The Best New Denim For Summer
- Next1 of 16Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 16Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next3 of 16Courtesy of Revolve Clothing
- Previous Next4 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next5 of 16Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next6 of 16Courtesy of Coach
- Previous Next7 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next8 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next9 of 16Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next10 of 16Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next11 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next12 of 16Courtesy of Endless
- Previous Next13 of 16Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next14 of 16Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next15 of 16Courtesy of Coldwater Creek
- Previous Next16 of 16Courtesy of Net A Porter
- The Best New Denim For Summer10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- 12 Spring Swimsuits To Buy Right Now
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Gotta Have It
- 10 Best Style Quotes Of All Time
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- Affordable Wedding Shoes You Can Wear Again
- Elle Cover: Miley Cyrus Opens Up
- 9 Ways To Match Without Looking Cheesy
- 10 Closet Cleaning Mistakes To Avoid This Spring
- Modeling agency puts personality ahead of thinness
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- 11 Ways Fashion Is Going Futuristic
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Elle Cover: See Emma Watson's Style Takeover
- Your guide to the fall 2014 color trends
It's In The Jeans1 of 16
There's nothing more classic than denim. But this summer, basic blues are anything but. We've rounded up 15 of the latest styles, including racy red shorts, a retro-inspired vest, stonewashed swimwear and more. You'll never look at denim the same way again.
Vested Interest2 of 16
A vintage-inspired vest may be a nod to the '80s, but when paired with a contemporary maxi-dress, the look is totally modern.
SHOP NOW: Alexander Wang vest, $385
Purple Reign3 of 16
Colored jeans are an excellent investment for summer, and this trend will surely transition into the cooler months.
SHOP NOW: Current/Elliott jeans, $167
Shorts Stop4 of 16
As the weather heats up, short shorts will be back in a big way. A colorful, high-waisted pair further defines this retro look.
SHOP NOW: Maje shorts, $175
Skirting The Issue5 of 16
Packing for a summer holiday? A versatile flowy skirt is an excellent suitcase staple. Throw in a few nautically striped and plain white tees, and off you go.
SHOP NOW: Peter Jensen skirt, $126
On The Fringe6 of 16
Those who prefer more subtle accessories can opt for a sedate denim clutch. But if you don't mind walking on the wild side, then this wristlet ups the ante with metallic details and leather fringe.
SHOP NOW: Coach wristlet, $98
Easy Does It7 of 16
Pair a minimalist shift dress with statement earrings and sandals for an evening out, or throw one over a bikini as a chic cover-up.
SEARCH: More Denim Dresses
SHOP NOW: Stella McCartney dress, $725
Dress For Success8 of 16
Eyelet details keep a denim dress sweet and appropriate—perfect for casual work Fridays or cocktails on the beach.
SHOP NOW: Sandro dress, $350
Shoe In9 of 16
Just like your favorite pair of jeans, denim shoes go with just about everything, making these pumps summer staples.
SEARCH: More Denim Shoes
SHOP NOW: Sam Edelman pumps, $100
The Long Way10 of 16
Maxi-skirts are a key look this season. Instead of sticking to flowy styles, try a denim version for a more fitted look.
SEARCH: More Denim Skirts
SHOP NOW: Topshop skirt, $90
Suit Up11 of 16
Wear your ripped jeans poolside in a stonewashed and beaded string bikini.
SHOP NOW: Emamo bikini, $220
In The Bag12 of 16
A denim bag is so versatile, so opt for an oversized hobo. It will be your go-to summer carryall for stashing goods from the farmers market and then hitting the beach.
SHOP NOW: Imoshion Catalonia hobo, $59
Go West13 of 16
You don't need a pair of cowgirl boots to pull off a Western shirt. Paired with white jeans and sweet wedges, this classic denim will appear sleek no matter where you travel.
SHOP NOW: John & Jenn blouse, $98
Wear Them Out14 of 16
Wide-legged trousers are flattering on almost everyone, as they elongate the leg for a statuesque silhouette. Lucky for us, this chambray pair will remain seasonal through summer, through winter and back again.
SHOP NOW: Level 99 trousers, $118
Up The Ante15 of 16
Ditch the everyday denim jacket in favor of a more grown-up, tailored version that can double as a blazer.
SHOP NOW: Coldwater Creek jacket, $80
Long And Short16 of 16
Want to stay cool this summer without baring all? Trade the ubiquitous short shorts for more conservative—but still fashion-forward—culottes.
SHOP NOW: MIH culottes, $165