11 Best Resale Sites You've Never Heard Of
- Next1 of 12Courtesy of PoshMark
- Previous Next2 of 12Glo
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Vaunte
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Shop Hers
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Tradesy
- Previous Next6 of 12Glo
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Walk In My Closet
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Twice
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Threadflip
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of The RealReal
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of PoshMark
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of 99dresses
- 11 Best Resale Sites You've Never Heard Of25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
Sell & Trade1 of 12
By Tiffany Tse
When you look into your closet, do you see a purse you once loved but no longer wear, or the pair of jeans you don't quite fit into anymore? If so, your closet could use a good clearing out. Here are 11 resale sites where you can get rid of unwanted clothes in exchange for cash or credit—plus shop gently used designer finds at a serious discount.
Bib + Tuck2 of 12
Instead of earning cash for clothes you post on Bib + Tuck, you earn currency on the site to buy other people's high-quality cast-offs. The selection of budget-friendly clothing runs the gamut from indie brands to well-known labels. Also, you're in great company: Other sellers include designers like Yigal Azrouel and Mara Hoffman.
SHOP NOW: Vintage abstract print pants, $50, bibandtuck.com
Vaunte3 of 12
Already over that expensive purse you bought last fall? Head to Vaunte, the luxury marketplace co-founded by Gilt Groupe's former vice president of creative. Your gently worn items—including home goods—will be sold alongside those of stylists, editors, and other fashion insiders.
SHOP NOW: 3.1 Phillip Lim cross-body purse, $475 (originally $650), vaunte.com
Shop Hers4 of 12
This site only accepts items in excellent condition from a curated list of luxury labels, including Chanel, Lanvin and Prabal Gurung. Their unique Style Soul Mates program places buyers and sellers into communities based on similarities in taste and size, making it easier to shop other people's closets.
SHOP NOW: Halston Heritage dress, $125 (originally $495), shop-hers.com
Tradesy5 of 12
User-friendly site Tradesy promises that you can list your first item in about 60 seconds. Once your item sells, you'll get a shipping kit to send your item to the buyer and receive payment via PayPal. The site's open to all brands, but consider selling pre-owned items from Burberry, Free People and Kate Spade, a few of their most popular labels.
SHOP NOW: Burberry coat, $396, tradesy.com
Klury6 of 12
Designer shoes are one of the best-selling categories on Klury, so if you bought one too many pairs, they'll sell well here. If you accept Klury's quote for your unwanted clothes and accessories (including menswear), mail everything over to them. They'll send you a check or issue store credit within 48 hours of authenticating everything.
SHOP NOW: Valentino black microstud pumps, $389 (originally $995), klury.com
Walk In My Closet7 of 12
Walk In My Closet lets you sell pre-loved high-end and vintage designer pieces to international customers. Buyers and sellers can receive and ship between the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Italy and Spain—and the site's expanding to other countries soon.
SHOP NOW: Ludevine cat-eye ring, $99, walkinmycloset.com
Twice8 of 12
Twice makes it easy for you to clean out your closet. Just download a free shipping label and send everything to them. After they review, measure and professionally photograph your pieces, they'll pay you upfront. A word to the wise: Their top-selling brands include J.Crew, Anthropologie and Ann Taylor.
SHOP NOW: Catherine Malandrino strapless dress, $64 (originally $338), liketwice.com
Threadflip9 of 12
Threadflip encourages sellers to "flip" their items quickly, offering helpful tips on how to properly list, promote and mail out purchases. Sell everything from an old J.Crew sweater to that gently worn pair of J Brand jeans, and gain followers who share similar style sensibilities.
SHOP NOW: Oasap slim coat, $52, threadflip.com
The RealReal10 of 12
If you want to get rid of designer clothing, accessories or even fine art, head to The RealReal, a designer consignment and flash sale site. You can send unwanted goods to the site's team of experts, including gemologists and art curators, who authenticate all your pieces and post them for sale.
SHOP NOW: Alaia sandals, $395 (originally $1,315), therealreal.com
PoshMark11 of 12
Poshmark gives you a variety of ways to promote and sell your unwanted items. You can use Instagram-like filters on your photos, and even attend Posh Parties, which are virtual buying and selling parties within Poshmark's mobile application.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch wallet, $100, poshmark.com
99dresses12 of 12
Download 99dresses, which is only available as a mobile application, and directly upload photos from your cell phone. You'll earn "buttons" from your sales to spend on other people's gently worn items. Once you get tired of those, you're encouraged to swap them again through the app.
SHOP NOW: French Connection dress, $19 (originally $178), 99dresses.com
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds