The Celeb Winter Trend To Try Now
- Next1 of 9James Devaney/FilmMagic; Eugene Gologursky/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 9Splash News; Topshop
- Previous Next3 of 9Johns PKI/Splash News; Net-a-Porter
- Previous Next4 of 9EM43/Splash News; Yoox
- Previous Next5 of 9Clint Brewer/Splash News; Wallis
- Previous Next6 of 9Splash News; SheInside
- Previous Next7 of 9Santi/Splash News; SheInside
- Previous Next8 of 9Eugene Gologursky/WireImage; Dorothy Perkins
- Previous Next9 of 9James Devaney/FilmMagic; SheInside
- The Celeb Winter Trend To Try Now10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- Take Note: Schoolgirl Style to Copy This Fall
- Skincare Secrets for Every Age
- How To Layer Like A Street Style Pro
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- Who's Your Celeb Beauty Icon?
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- Shopping: Shapewear To Hide Holiday Pounds
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
Caped Crusader1 of 9
By Zoe Schaeffer & Tiffany Tse
This season's coolest outerwear trend is less about the coats themselves, and more about the elegant new way to wear them: draped over your shoulders, cape-style. The look provides a buffer against the cold, without concealing your outfit. See how these eight celebs pull off the look and where you can find similar pieces.
Bombs Away2 of 9
Take a tip from Olivia Palermo, who wears a croc-embossed bomber jacket to add a little texture to a classic white shirt and skinny jeans.
SHOP NOW: Faux leather croc bomber, $116, topshop.com
Black Out3 of 9
For a ladylike look, copy Liv Tyler's outfit by layering an elegant tweed coat over head-to-toe black.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch Keegan tweed coat, $495, net-a-porter.com
In the Red4 of 9
Nicole Richie skips the sleeves on her preppy red blazer, a layering trick that makes her outfit look polished but not prissy.
SHOP NOW: Basicon blazer, $292, yoox.com
Military Tactics5 of 9
At the airport, Khloe Kardashian stays cozy and comfortable by covering her shoulders with a tailored, military-inspired coat.
SHOP NOW: Khaki green asymmetric zip coat, $96, wallisfashion.com
Cool Rider6 of 9
Toughen up a feminine outfit, like Alexa Chung's floral-print skirt and turtleneck, by slinging a leather biker jacket over your shoulders.
SHOP NOW: Leather jacket, $57, sheinside.com
Mint Condition7 of 9
A long, colorful coat, like Dianna Agron's mint green topper, brightens up your evening dress.
SHOP NOW: Mint green coat, $49, sheinside.com
Cape Town8 of 9
A dramatic cape-like coat instantly elevates Olivia Munn's look at a dressy black-tie event, without covering up her outfit.
SHOP NOW: Black leather piped cape, $69, dorothyperkins.com
Back to Basics9 of 9
A classic peacoat pulls together Miranda Kerr's relaxed T-shirt and denim skirt.
SHOP NOW: Black lapel coat, $34, sheinside.com