The Great Fashion Divide
- Next1 of 12Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 12Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 12Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 12Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 12Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 12Jun Sato/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 12Arnaldo Magnani/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 12Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic
- Previous Next9 of 12Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 12Oceanic Media Group/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 12Larry Marano/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 12David Ramos/Getty Images
- The Great Fashion Divide10 stylish ways to wear one tunic
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests
- American Idol fashion hits and misses
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Style lessons I learned from my mom
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- How to dress up without the dress
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
- 10 '80s trends are cool again
- The best new website to score fashion deals
The Great Divide1 of 12
by Nicole Mann Novick
With a generational gap in most homes (and closets), Glo sought out a mother-daughter duo to square off on the latest celeb looks. These two tell us what they think about jumpsuits, pants suits, platforms and more. Let the fun begin!
Beyoncé Knowles2 of 12
Teen: I like the simplicity of the outfit, but it's not necessarily my style.
Mom: If I had her body, then I'd wear it—with a couple extra inches added to the hemline, of course.
Blake Lively3 of 12
Teen: That's an awkward cut in the sleeve, and the length is unflattering.
Mom: The top looks like a diving suit! I like the daring purple platforms, but are they sea-worthy?
Julia Roberts4 of 12
Teen: Although the suit looks good on Julia Roberts, it's too formal for me.
Mom: I love classic black pantsuits, but this is dowdy and needs a fun top to liven it up.
Emma Roberts5 of 12
Teen: I would definitely wear this to a nice dinner party. She looks a little dressed up, but still cool and casual.
Mom: I'm surprised my daughter likes this—the dress looks like she took a cue from Scarlett O'Hara and used curtains from a country cottage to make it.
Lady Gaga6 of 12
Teen: Lady Gaga is cool and can probably pull anything off, but I think she added one too many wacky accessories. I would not be caught dead wearing this outfit.
Mom: Gaga goes Coco. The Lady can pull off the anklets!
Emma Watson7 of 12
Teen: I LOVE the outfit! But I would change the shoes to a chic leather sandal.
Mom: Great bag, but Emma, who's adorable, looks a little too Potter in this unflattering ensemble.
Julianna Margulies8 of 12
Teen: The accessories look good, but I'm not liking the all-white look. This outfit is a no for me.
Mom: I would definitely wear this sans hat, which Julianna should return to her granddad.
Kristen Stewart9 of 12
Teen: This is perfect for any party I'd go to.
Mom: Kristen, get back in the house right now and add some more fabric to that dress!
Miley Cyrus10 of 12
Teen: I would wear the jeans and the jacket. The top, though, borders on trashy.
Mom: I like the look for my daughter—even the short top if she's not going to school.
Selena Gomez11 of 12
Teen: The jeans and shoes are cute, but the top is a little too sweet for me.
Mom: This look is cute and very age-appropriate. I actually like the top.
Reese Witherspoon12 of 12
Teen: It wouldn't be my go-to outfit, but it looks nice on Reese.
Mom: Finally! A dress at the perfect length—classy and elegant. I'd wear it!