Unexpected comfortable clothing
- Next1 of 14Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of Belle NYC
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of Alternative Apparel
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next11 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of Rebecca Taylor
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next14 of 14Courtesy of J.Crew
- Unexpected comfortable clothingUp your confidence with these looks
- Get dressed in mixed prints
- 9 women find their signature lipstick
- Hairstyles that fit your personality
- See Kerry Washington’s sexy Elle photo shoot
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer
- Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- How to dress up without the dress
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- A 90-Second History of Fashion Firsts
- Hottest Trends in DIY
- Easy-wearing day into night outfits
- Get confident with these bold accessories
- Punk-inspired accessories rock the met gala
- The best and worst hats from the Kentucky Derby
- 9 style essentials for the modern hostess
- 11 Spring Dresses for $30 and Under
- Dresses that make you look 10 pounds thinner
- 10 '80s trends are cool again
Easy Elegance1 of 14
By Nicole Mann Novick
Cozy clothing needn't be relegated to hoodies and yoga pants, especially when you are looking for more glamorous garb. We've found 13 comfortable pieces, from vacation-bound swimsuits to easy sundresses for a summer soirée, proving that fashion and function can happily coexist.
Long Way2 of 14
Enjoy the weekend in a standout maxi skirt paired with a low-key white tee and a crossbody bag.
SHOP NOW: Topshop skirt, $100
Tee Time3 of 14
Comfort seekers are in luck with this shirt of the season. The deep blue hue is both bold and easy to wear.
SHOP NOW: T by Alexander Wang tank, $82
Shoe In4 of 14
Trade the sky-high espadrilles for a flat pair that's big on style. They will be your summer go-to with everything from sweet sundresses to denim cutoffs.
SHOP NOW: Belle by Sigerson Morrison sandal, $123
Print Shop5 of 14
Slouchy, harem-style pants can be dressed up with heels and a sleek clutch or toned down with flat sandals and a large summer tote.
SHOP NOW: T-Bags pant, $145
Pattern Play6 of 14
A breezy, strapless sundress transitions from the Sunday farmers market to cocktails on the boardwalk.
SHOP NOW: HD in Paris dress, $148
Suit Up7 of 14
It's hard to feel comfortable poolside when you are baring so much skin. Try this more modest one-piece for its flattering tailoring and cool colorblock effect.
SHOP NOW: Basta swimsuit, $180
Double Take8 of 14
This jersey maxi dress gets glammed up with an eye-catching print. Wear it over a bathing suit to the beach and then with chandelier earrings to the bar that night.
SHOP NOW: Alternative Apparel dress, $88
Short Stuff9 of 14
Comfortable by design, these gym shorts get a stylish makeover in silk, seashell-printed fabric. Pair yours with platforms and a blazer for a more grown-up look.
SHOP NOW: Steven Alan short, $175
On Point10 of 14
Ballet flats are taking the streets by storm this season and when it comes to comfort, these shoes were made for walking. We like to pair ours with cigarette pants and a feminine top.
SHOP NOW: Halogen flat, $120
Set Sail11 of 14
A cozy sweater is a must for cool summer nights. We like this quirky sailboat throwback paired with preppy shorts and canvas sneakers.
SHOP NOW: Aubin & Wills sweater, $145
Flow Rider12 of 14
A flowy top is both feminine and freeing on hot summer days. Try it with denim cutoffs and leather sandals for that boho-chic look.
SHOP NOW: Rebecca Taylor cami, $150
That's a Wrap13 of 14
Whether you're sightseeing through the city streets or hitting the beach this summer, these hippy-chic sandals should be on every woman's packing list.
SHOP NOW: Ancient Greek sandals, $180
Green Day14 of 14
Whether you pair yours with dressy capris, leggings, or even a swimsuit, a jet-setting tunic makes an effortless statement.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew tunic, $78
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer