Wacky fashion trends and why we love them
- Next1 of 8Alison Lou/Phillip Lim/NET-A-PORTER
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Fred Flare
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of A+R
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of Mara and Mine
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of Phillip Lim
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Alison Lou
- Previous Next7 of 8Courtesy of NET-A-PORTER
- Previous Next8 of 8Courtesy of Purse Blog
Witty & Pretty1 of 8
By Melissa Magsaysay
Think the fashion world takes itself too seriously? Think again. From store security tag brooches to flask-inspired satchels, check out these eight playful new finds that prove fashion has a sense of humor.
French Twist2 of 8
Macaroons are the fashion world's go-to confection, so it's no wonder the two worlds have collided to create a cookie-shaped coin purse that's even scented to smell like the pastel-colored French treat.
SHOP NOW: Fred Flare scented Macaroon Coin Purse, $14
Security Brooch3 of 8
Cast of Vices teamed up with super-cool design store A+R to create chic pins inspired by plastic anti-theft badges. Stick one on your lapel or at the edge of your canvas tote for a witty nod to the everyday item.
SHOP NOW: A+R & Cast of Vices brooch, $150-$190
Funny Bones4 of 8
These posh bone embroidered loafers prove skeleton-inspired fashion isn’t just for Halloween.
SHOP NOW: Mara and Mine Jem Skull Slipper, $350
Empire State5 of 8
Phillip Lim modernizes the world's most famous street vendor souvenir with his fresh take on the iconic I Love NY T-shirt.
SHOP NOW: 3.1 Phillip Lim I Love Nueva York T-shirt, $350
Drama Queen6 of 8
We constantly have emoticons at our fingertips on smart phones and instant messaging. Why not wear them around our necks and on our ears? Jewelry line Alison Lou brings the best of those quirky symbols to high-end accessories for a look that sends just the right message.
SHOP NOW: Alison Lou pendant, $1,825
Easy Reader7 of 8
This novel take on the evening bag borrows inspiration from literary classics.
SHOP NOW: Olympia Le Tan book clutch, $1,880
Happy Hour8 of 8
What better way to lift your spirits than with this Chanel cross-body flask bag inspired by Scottish sporrans (aka, pouches) traditionally worn with a kilt.
SHOP NOW: Chanel Flask Bag, $3,625 (available for pre-order)
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios