What Men Really Think of 10 Fall Trends
- Next1 of 11Mike Marsland/WireImage; Fred Duval/Getty Images; Joe Broussard/Startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next2 of 11Rachel Zoe: Julien Hekimian/Getty Images; Kate Bosworth: Mark Von Holden/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Leelee Sobieski: Marc Piasecki/WireImage; Amanda Seyfried: Dominique Charriau/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 11Daisy Lowe: Mike Marsland/WireImage; Rachel Bilson: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 11Kristen Stewart: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images; Jessica Alba: Sara De Boer/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Halle Berry: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage; Elle Fanning: Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11Pia Toscano: Joe Broussard/Startraksphoto.com; Leigh Lezark: Dominique Charriau/WireImageP
- Previous Next8 of 11Tali Lennox: Fred Duval/Getty Images; Olivia Palermo:Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 11Jade Williams: Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic; Chloe Sevigny: Francois Durand/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Olivia Wilde: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage; Julianne Hough: D Dipasupil/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Jaime King: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/startraksphoto.com; Leona Lewis: Venturelli/WireImage
- What Men Really Think of 10 Fall Trends18 Years of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- 10 Hottest Celeb Bikini Trends This Winter
- ELLE Names Joan Smalls The New Supermodel
- 11 Best Shopping Sites You've Never Heard Of
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Celeb Looks For All Your Holiday Parties
- The Sexy & Sophisticated Way to Show Some Skin
- 12 Must-Haves From Isabel Marant for H&M
- 7 Best Friends (& Bloggers) With Polar Styles
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- The 20 Best of Street Style Looks of 2013
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- Jamie Chung's Cute Winter Style Under $200
It's a Guy Thing1 of 11
We're not saying that women should dress for men, but we don't mind getting a guy's opinion—when we ask for it. To help put ten fall trends in perspective, Glo sought out Michael Mullen, our in-house wordsmith and all-around purveyor of the male perspective, to weigh in. Read on to find out his thoughts on thigh-high boots, the military look, pussy bows and more.
Tough Girl2 of 11
"A girl in a leather skirt or pants probably plays pool and drinks single-malt Scotch. She's cool and a little bit badass. But a full-on leather ensemble? Not unless she also rides a Harley and packs heat."
Seeing Red3 of 11
"It's the color of passion—and bullfighter capes and warning signs—but it begs the question: Are you wearing red or is red wearing you? If you find that guys are asking out your dress and ignoring you, it might be time to turn it down a few shades."
Fit to be Tied4 of 11
"If you've got something big and floppy around your neck that serves no purpose, get rid of it—particularly if you work around heavy machinery. As Gertrude Stein said after Isadora Duncan was strangled by her own scarf: 'Affectations can be dangerous.'"
Don't Be a Slouch5 of 11
"These pants are cute if they're just slightly slouchy, but as the payload space increases, the cuteness plummets. Plus they make me think you might be hiding nunchucks in there."
The Fine Print6 of 11
"Unless you're performing at the Grand Ole Opry, I would like to gently discourage you from wearing this outfit."
How High?7 of 11
"Yes, these boots are sexy—how could they not be? But they also bring out the prude in me, especially when soccer moms wear them in the coffee shop at 7:30 a.m. (I live in Los Angeles). Essentially, these are pants without the pants part—your kids should never know you own a pair."
Sir, Yes, Sir!8 of 11
"I've just double-parked my Bugatti on the streets of Zurich, late for a G-20 meeting. The Swiss meter maid approaches, and she's dressed in one of these outfits. Fantasy aside, I like fashion that toys with power dynamics, and these styles are a big step up from the oversize army jackets of the early 2000s."
Loafing Around9 of 11
"These shoes are the only thing that Benjamin Franklin and Elton John would likely agree on. You, on the other hand, should steer clear."
A Sheer Thing10 of 11
"I like this style when it's subtle. But beware: Undergarments should be hinted at, not paraded about under gauzy curtains. Class and moderation are key."
Fur Real11 of 11
"What's not to like about a trend that nods to Barbarella and Dr. Zhivago? If it's faux fur, ride this trend 'til the wheels come off: full-length chinchilla, matted yak, Russian mink shapka hats. If it's real, proceed with caution."
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- Office Supplies' New Look
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway