What Would a Stylist Do?
- Next1 of 9Glo
- Previous Next2 of 9Glo
- Previous Next3 of 9Glo
- Previous Next4 of 9Glo
- Previous Next5 of 9Glo
- Previous Next6 of 9Glo
- Previous Next7 of 9Glo
- Previous Next8 of 9Glo
- Previous Next9 of 9Glo
- What Would a Stylist Do?25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Best Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
- 7 Stylish Ways to Wear a Suit
- Shopping: Irresistible Food-Inspired Fashion
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- 9 Stylish Accessories To Make Life Easier
- How To Dress Like TV's Most Stylish Character
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 24 Wildest Looks From New York Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Shopping: 14 Super-Fun Statement Socks
- 8 Style Lessons From The Bachelor Contestants
- 17 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- Street Style: The Best of London Fashion Week
- Best Street Style From New York Fashion Week
- Wild Shoes from New York Fashion Week
- Shop 8 Dressy Crop-Top Celeb Looks
INTRO_What_Would_A_Stylist_Do_vo4.jpg1 of 9
Fit to Print2 of 9
Can printed pants ever be flattering?
"Absolutely! Keep in mind that the repetitive, smaller designs on dark backgrounds are more flattering, and are easier to combine with items you already have in your wardrobe."
A Shoe In3 of 9
What type of jeans work best with this season's shoe boot?
"In general, you want to wear them with a pair of skinny jeans that are hemmed a little bit above the top of the boot," says Hitzges. (You can also cuff them for the same effect.) "If the jeans are too long, they start to bunch up, which can look messy."
Great Lengths4 of 9
What type of shoe would you wear with a long skirt?
"For the fall, I would go for a heavier shoe to ground the look for the season," suggests Hitzges. "Stay away from really high stiletto heels, or open-toed shoes, which can look overly dressy in winter."
Tucked Away5 of 9
When it comes to pairing jeans with button-downs or blouses, do you tuck, partially tuck or leave untucked?
"The way you tuck your shirt really depends on individual style," says Hitzges, "but if you're going to do a full tuck, make sure to add a belt to define your waist."
Pajama Party6 of 9
How can you wear pajama-style trousers without looking sloppy?
"The obvious answer is that you can't go too oversized," says Hitzges. "But elevating the material—silk brocade rather than cotton, for example—is the ultimate way to polish the inherently casual nature of a slouchy pant."
Penciled In7 of 9
What's the ideal length for a pencil skirt?
"Just above the knee is traditional and works really well for most body types," says Hitzges.
Trail Blazer8 of 9
What should you look for in a timeless blazer?
"Something that hits mid-hip and is a bit oversized will be the most versatile," says Hitzges, who says it's fine if your top peeks out beneath the blazer's hem. "Just be careful not to buy a cut that's too boxy," she adds.
Puttin' on the Glitz9 of 9
How do you make your typical little black dress dressy enough for a special occasion?
"One of the easiest ways is to play with texture," says Hitzges. To start, look for a dress that incorporates texture in its design—sheer sleeves, or a raw, unfinished edge. Then add interest with accessories."