A look back at great ski style
- Next1 of 13Audrey Hepburn in Charade: Universal Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 13Grace Kelly: Keystone-France/Gamma-Keystone via Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 13Marilyn Monroe: Silver Screen Collection/Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 13Princess Diana: Anwar Hussein/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 13Elle Macpherson: Kevin Perkins/Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next6 of 13Seal and Heidi Klum: Ginsburg/Spaly/Splash News
- Previous Next7 of 13Prince William and Kate Middleton: Indigo/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 13Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani: Michael Buckner/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 13Victoria Beckham: Pierre Suu/Laurent Martines/Splash
- Previous Next10 of 13Zoe Saldana: London Entertainment/ Splash
- Previous Next11 of 13Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn: Kevin Perkins/Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next12 of 13Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon: Kevin Perkins/Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next13 of 13Paris Hilton: Kevin Perkins/Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com
Winter Wonderland1 of 13
By Zoe Schaeffer
Hollywood legends and famous royals have a long history of hitting the slopes in style. In the 1960s, Audrey Hepburn's complete head, ear and neck covering paired with dark shades and a fur top made bundling up look sophisticated.
Glam Slam2 of 13
Grace Kelly brought some glamour to the slopes with leather gloves, classic sunglasses and a quilted winter white coat.
The Sunny Side3 of 13
Marilyn Monroe was known and loved for her exhibitionist ways, and in 1945, she skied down a mountain of sand in a bikini. And while the high-waisted style is still in vogue, we prefer it for traditional beach-going.
Puff Piece4 of 13
Princess Diana exemplified the fashionably loud decade in a red puffy jacket and headband while skiing back in 1986.
White Out5 of 13
Elle Macpherson braved the cold—and some flurries—in a luxe fur trapper hat, sherpa-lined jacket and colorful scarf.
Precious Cargo6 of 13
Heidi Klum opted for snowboard cargo-style snowboard pants and a mix of neutral-toned cold-weather accessories.
Rock Solid7 of 13
Before their nuptials, Prince William and then-girlfriend Kate Middleton donned sporty ski gear in classic solids shades.
Color Coded8 of 13
We wouldn't expect anything less than sporty-chic from this rocker clan as Gwen, Gavin and Kingston look like the perfectly coordinated family in pops of red, brown and blue.
Bright Idea9 of 13
Back in 2006, then-blond Victoria Beckham made a style statement in baggy pants and a bright yellow jacket.
In Line10 of 13
Zoe Saldana keeps it sleek in classic stripes and basic black leggings.
Fur Sure11 of 13
Decked in fur jackets, Kate Hudson and mom Goldie Hawn enjoyed steamy drinks, adding extra heat to their hot looks.
Match Point12 of 13
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon donned matching red puffers while hitting the slopes in at their home away from home.
Ski Bunny13 of 13
While playing in the snow, Paris stopped to pose in oversized goggles and a white-cropped fur parka.
NEXT GALLERY: Knit Wit