- Next1 of 12Jemal Countess/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Coldwater Creek
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Coach
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Net A Porter
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Reiss
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Charm and Chain
- Office PoliticsShopping: 15 Spring Dresses Under $50
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- 12 Spring Swimsuits To Buy Right Now
- 9 Ways To Match Without Looking Cheesy
- 10 Closet Cleaning Mistakes To Avoid This Spring
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- 11 Ways Fashion Is Going Futuristic
- 10 Best Style Quotes Of All Time
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- Elle Cover: Miley Cyrus Opens Up
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Gotta Have It
- Modeling agency puts personality ahead of thinness
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- Affordable Wedding Shoes You Can Wear Again
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
Work It At Work1 of 12
ELLE Creative Director Joe Zee is giving a new kind of makeover, on his hit show All on the Line. With his business and style savvy, he helps struggling fashion designers get out of the red and in to the black. Here, he shares his tips on how to dress for success at the office.
Glo is produced in cooperation with the publisher of ELLE.
From Drab To Fab2 of 12
"Skip the beige, and reach for a much more authoritative color. What commands attention more than army green? Remember to keep it feminine and easy, like this dress that could easily double up and head straight to a night out from the office."
SHOP NOW: 3.1 Phillip Lim dress, $495
The New Shape3 of 12
"Suit blazers at the office don't need to take on an androgynous corporate appeal. Right now there are so many jacket alternatives, it's easy to find one that's chic and respectable for the office. I love the shape of this one—drapey, easy, casual but elegant, especially when paired with a white T-shirt and tailored trousers. This, for me, is office chic."
SHOP NOW: Coldwater Creek jacket, $34.99
Classics Revisited4 of 12
"I love advising women to reach for classics when it comes to office dressing, but don't go for the boring—go for the new! I love this white blouse for its simplicity and sophistication and ease. You can literally pair this with everything: wide pants, pencil skirts, even jeans."
SHOP NOW: 3.1 Phillip Lim top, $550
Bag It5 of 12
"Ditch that boring black tote and carry something with statement. Of course, you want it to be roomy enough to carry what you need, but classic skins are always a good alternative to all those black bags you already own in your closet. And it's also a nice way to dress up all your neutrals."
SHOP NOW: Coach bag, $695
Suit Up6 of 12
"If you're going to go for the all-out pantsuit, do it in style, and most of all, make sure it fits. Shoulders should line up, and sleeves shouldn't be too long. Also, keep proportions in mind. A shorter jacket with a fitted waist with a pair of pants (like this one here) will always be more flattering—in the workplace or not."
Graphic Design7 of 12
"A pencil skirt is always an easy alternative to pants, so why not go for a statement-maker at the office? Something in a garish print may not work, but graphic stripes (a big trend this spring) is the perfect alternative, and I love the high-waisted, longer-length proportion of this one."
SHOP NOW: Anthropolgie skirt, $128
Talking Pants8 of 12
"Always have staples in your closet—that's my motto. It's great to work in the occasional trend item, but start with the classics, and none better than a beautiful pair of black pants. Whether skinny or wide, full or short, finding the right fit for you is paramount, but it's an easy solution to a pulled-together look."
SHOP NOW: Theory pants, $295
Short End9 of 12
"Of course, if you do want to have some fun with your work wardrobe, why not pair a jacket with a pair of shorts instead of a skirt? Word of caution: This is not the time to pull out those summer beach booty shorts. Instead, always keep the fabric chic and the length appropriate."
SHOP NOW: Ralph Lauren Black Label shorts, $455
Color Me Right10 of 12
"Afraid of color? Don't worry—that's the problem with a lot of women. But the great thing is it doesn't have to be incorporated into your wardrobe in an overwhelming way. Instead, try it in small doses, such as a skinny belt or bag or a chic blouse like this one, layered under a neutral jacket."
SHOP NOW: Reiss blouse, $210
Shoe In11 of 12
"Who said you can't pull off a great pair of heels at the office? Shoes at work don't have to be boring (though I do love a pair of classic black pumps). With these, the contrasting colors will go with anything, and in the fall, you can even wear these with tights."
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch sandal, $350
The Final Touch12 of 12
"Accessories are the easiest (and sometimes most cost-efficient) way to freshen up any look. Earrings and cuffs are great, but I love the look of a statement necklace. It’s also the easiest solution for going from day to night. Stash one in your bag, and voilà! You're ready to go at a moment's notice!"
SHOP NOW: Gemma Redux necklace, $505