Year in Review: The Best of Sidewalk Style
- Next1 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 26Venturelli/WireImage for Fendi
- Previous Next8 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next12 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next13 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next15 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/FilmMagic
- Previous Next16 of 26Elena Braghieri/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 26Elena Braghieri/Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 26Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next20 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next21 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next22 of 26Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images
- Previous Next23 of 26Kirstin Sinclair/Getty Images
- Previous Next24 of 26Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images
- Previous Next25 of 26Imaxtree
- Previous Next26 of 26Elena Braghieri/FilmMagic
Hear Me Roar1 of 26
Take a look back at the daring, unforgettable trends real women wore in 2012.
Animal Kingdom2 of 26
The fashion world went wild for animal-emblazoned tops this year. Here, a tiger sweatshirt (worn over a collared blouse) offsets ladylike peplum.
Casual Encounters3 of 26
Red heels and a stylish tote are all a girl needs to dress up an otherwise laid-back look.
A Good Sport4 of 26
A wide tuxedo-stripe in a contrasting color calls to mind classic athletic wear (a popular trend in 2012). The style is ideal for creating an outfit that's both comfy and cool.
Suit Yourself5 of 26
Once again, the tuxedo stripe makes things a little sportier, while a flash of pink makes any pantsuit more fun.
In the Pink6 of 26
You can always count on black to toughen up bubble-gum pink.
Cape Town7 of 26
This year, capes were the new spring coat, providing plenty of warmth and some dramatic old-world style.
Jacket Required8 of 26
A boyfriend-style blazer over a long dress creates an air of carefree romance.
Maxed Out9 of 26
Frumpy done right—of course, being tall helps.
On a Tear10 of 26
There's just something about torn denim—especially when paired with timeless loafers and a casual tee.
Get Ripped11 of 26
Beat-up boyfriend jeans let you embody that tough-but-vulnerable vibe.
Mad Hatter12 of 26
A stovepipe-inspired top hat brings a little whimsy to any outfit.
Oh Boy13 of 26
We love the jaunty tilt of this hat, a perfect topper to a tomboy look. (Extra points for the dapper white brogues.)
Team Player14 of 26
Varsity jackets have become acceptable grown-up outerwear, even on dressier occasions.
In the Mix15 of 26
Matching is so 2010. This year, combining bold prints prevailed.
Ka-Bloom16 of 26
Allover floral prints look anything but prim when they're combined in unexpected ways.
Tee Up17 of 26
A cool tee under a classic blazer adds an extra dose of personality to any outfit.
Shining Glory18 of 26
A must-have white tee tones down daytime sparkle.
Razzle Dazzle19 of 26
Another secret to making sparkle more informal: Go for a relaxed fit, like with these shimmery trousers.
Baby on Board20 of 26
Who says mom-to-be can't be sexy? A slouchy cotton dress provides plenty of comfort, while racy lacy heels deliver just the right amount of spice.
A Leg Up21 of 26
A black leather mini doesn't have an age limit. To make it work, go for a skirt with a little extra length and pair it with something more covered-up on top.
Short Story22 of 26
While there were plenty of short-shorts, we were relieved to see roomier versions with an easygoing vibe.
Tennis, Anyone?23 of 26
During the dog days of summer, an airy white dress wins big.
Comfort Zone24 of 26
Snazzy white booties and a luxe white bag elevate this everyday look.
Citrus Punch25 of 26
Yellow is the new orange. The bold, lemony shade has become fashion's new go-to vibrant hue.
Bright On26 of 26
At its best, a woman's style defies categorization and reminds us that fashion should be fun!
NEXT GALLERY: Stylish Winter Sweaters for Under $100
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios